Migraine Treatment in Maple Grove
Migraine Treatment in Maple Grove. If you have ever had a migraine, you know how dire it is to find effective migraine treatment in Maple Grove. Migraines can be debilitating and affect hundreds of thousands of people in the US every year. Many migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Seeing a chiropractor may be the intervention you need.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team in Maple Grove offers private, personalized care in a clean and modern setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to a specialist or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment: About Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right migraine treatment. When you seek migraine treatment from our Maple Grove chiropractors, your migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, considering the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- In any given 3 month period, it is estimated that one out of 5 women and one out of six Americans suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading cause of emergency room visits.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, low-income households, and adults under the age of 44.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who experience migraines have been debilitated or bed-ridden due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion in lost labor and productivity each year.
Migraine Treatment: Understanding the Symptoms
There are a number of different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, you may benefit from chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Intense throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Changes in how you see, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Feeling tired and/or confused
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
A migraine attack is characterized by four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all distinct stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage at once. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment: Knowing Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, you can also benefit from learning what you can do to prevent the onset of migraines in the meantime. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor in Maple Grove, you will get to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Our migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to treating every patient.
If you live in constant fear of when the next debilitating migraine will strike, it is important to get migraine treatment from a professional in Maple Grove as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to alleviate the frequency of attacks by identifying triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe heat or cold
- Changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Skipping meals
- Certain foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Changes in sleep patterns, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment in Maple Grove
Your Maple Grove chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that may help treat your migraines. We will work closely with you to understand your conditions and goals so we can provide the best possible migraine treatment.
Below are some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by impacting blood flow throughout the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing when treating a patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What worked well for one person may not be effective for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractic doctor or speak to your primary care physician before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in providing custom, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Get Migraine Treatment in Maple Grove Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be an excellent solution. Our Maple Grove chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen great success in alleviating the symptoms and reducing the onset of attacks for countless Maple Grove patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.