Whiplash Treatment in Maple Grove
Whiplash Treatment Maple Grove. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries affect at least one million people every year in the United States alone. While many of these cases are mild, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Maple Grove area after suffering a whiplash injury.
The Maple Grove whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and empirical knowledge to safely and effectively treat your whiplash injury at its source rather than simply masking your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to decades of pain, limitations, and other significant problems; get chiropractic whiplash treatment in Maple Grove from our dedicated chiropractic team. Call us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment in Maple Grove today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Maple Grove?
You may need whiplash treatment if you experienced a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue injury to the neck caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may notice a few days of soreness in the neck or could develop chronic pain or serious complications. It is wise to seek medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to determine whether a whiplash treatment plan is necessary for your recovery.
If you are living with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, chiropractic care is an excellent treatment option. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
Common whiplash causes include:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other motor vehicle accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are whiplash and other neck injuries. These injuries actually most often occur in lower speed crashes of 25 miles per hour or less, with whiplash injuries resulting from crashes at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports where the body may start or stop traveling suddenly, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, whiplash sports injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured due to some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can cause devastating, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Maple Grove chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, may also result in whiplash injuries.
This is not an exhaustive list of whiplash causes. If your head and neck were abruptly thrown forward and backward, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to determine whether whiplash treatment like chiropractic care can benefit you.
If you have a whiplash injury, you may experience these symptoms:
- Neck soreness
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you experience such symptoms, look to your chiropractor or physician for help finding the proper treatment for your whiplash symptoms.
For some, whiplash symptoms are mild to moderate and resolve naturally on their own. These patients should look to home whiplash treatment methods like heat/cold applications and over-the-counter anti-inflammatory pain relievers. Call a whiplash treatment chiropractor or another doctor in the Maple Grove area at (763) 568-7869 if symptoms get worse after initially getting better or progress more than two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they affect your ability to enjoy life, you should request an appointment from our Maple Grove whiplash treatment chiropractor right away. You should also seek whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are alarmingly prevalent among whiplash victims, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your chance of making a full recovery and avoiding a lifetime of pain and other symptoms is heavily dependent upon getting prompt, effective whiplash treatment as soon as possible after being injured. Contact the Maple Grove whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center for help addressing your whiplash condition right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Maple Grove
Your whiplash treatment plan should be catered to your condition and your personal needs and goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment professional in Maple Grove whom you trust and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove provides modern, evidence-based treatment practices from seasoned medical professionals in a safe, private, clean office setting. Make an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading Maple Grove chiropractor now.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash, among additional whiplash treatment strategies such as heat or ice applications, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and exercises or physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care often successfully addresses the route of the whiplash injury rather than treating or masking the symptoms on the surface.
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Your Maple Grove chiropractor will likely perform spinal manipulations as a part of your whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to increase blood flow and range of motion and reduce pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies can be used to loosen up the tight and sore joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment in Maple Grove may incorporate the use of ultrasounds, which can reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by promoting healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can reduce tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team in Maple Grove. Do your future self a favor by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. Take the first step toward your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove. Make an appointment online now.
Leading Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment in Maple Grove: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Recieve quality whiplash treatment from leading Maple Grove area chiropractors when you have been injured in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the underlying source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Maple Grove chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.