Work Injury Treatment in Maple Grove
Work injury treatment in Maple Grove. Have you been injured at work? Are you suffering from back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you want to feel better but are worried about surgery or prescription drugs? Chiropractic care is your solution.
Beyond the pain and discomfort a work injury causes, it also impacts your ability to provide for your Maple Grove family. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for people who are dealing with a variety of issues throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just back pain. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your health to ensure that you not only get back to work, but feel great once you get there. For safe and effective work injury treatment in Maple Grove, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online.
Common Work Injuries That Maple Grove Chiropractic Care Can Treat
Typically, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Repetitive motion injuries — These occur from performing the same movements for long periods of time, day in and day out. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from using a keyboard all day, non-specific back pain from standing all day, to a pinched nerve in your back from lifting or other, heavier work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require strenuous physical activity, like construction, agriculture, or mining, can lead someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially if they're not properly trained or protected. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Injuries can include sprains and strains, fractured or broken bones, spinal injuries, spinal misalignment, back pain, and neck pain.
- Falling object injuries — Jobs that entail heavy machinery put workers at increased risk of being struck by a falling object. Common injuries include bruises, fractures, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Experienced and licensed chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but a variety of body parts and functional issues. If a concussion or other brain injury causes chronic migraines, chiropractic care can also provide meaningful headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Maple Grove include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial pain
- Headaches and migraines
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Maple Grove?
Your work injury treatment from your Maple Grove chiropractor will depend on the nature of your injury, nature of your job and lifestyle, your medical history. We'll go over what caused your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work with you to discover what's causing them. After a discussion, we'll do a physical examination, and do what imaging tests or motion study analysis we find necessary. Then, we'll develop your treatment plan. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries typically consists of chiropractic adjustments, also called spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Spinal alignments are done through a variety of chiropractic techniques that involve short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. Contrary to popular belief, chiropractors rarely "pop joints back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and these thrusts release muscle tension. In doing so, we help patients achieve optimal movement health and ensure your body is working harmoniously with itself, and pain is relieved through relieving the stress a misalignment causes to the nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by smoothing out soft tissue and breaking down the scar tissue caused by an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy is proven to reduce stress, improve circulation, increase performance, and offer countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we believe in taking a holistic view to our patients' health. We'll also guide you through exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle advice to help your work injury treatment in Maple Grove go as smoothly as possible and promote your long-term health.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Work Injury Treatment in Maple Grove
Chiropractic care offers countless benefits that not only help in work injury treatment, but improve your overall life and how you feel everyday. With our services in Maple Grove, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — In addition to reducing pain, chiropractic care can help range of motion, reduce blood pressure, give you more energy, and can even improve digestion and sleep and increase brain activity.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your injuries and how our bodies work in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and feel better at work than you did before your injuries. We can help you with posture correction and other ways to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is essential for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for extremities — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, an experienced chiropractor will also be able to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a deep knowledge of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, soft tissue, and nerves in your back apply to the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "preventive" or "wellness" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps relieve any stress your job may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. Many of our Maple Grove work injury patients schedule regular visits after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
According to a study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers missed less time away from work when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries whose first point of contact is a medical doctor have a 42.7% likelihood of surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also reduces the need and use of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it addresses the root cause instead of just masking or ameliorating symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Maple Grove
Under Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers are required to provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. That includes covering expenses related to travel (gas miles, Uber or Lyft, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Generally, workers in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To see why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Maple Grove, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our patient testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
If an injury was not suffered at work, but is restricting you from working or being at your best, our affordable payment plan still make it easy for patients whose insurance won't cover chiropractic, or for those that don't have insurance.
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Maple Grove
Our goals are simple: provide effective and quick pain relief, improve your overall and long-term health and wellness, and help our Maple Grove communities understand the extraordinary benefits of chiropractic care. We know how important not only your injury recovery is to being able to provide for and interact with your family. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online for your work injury treatment in Maple Grove.