Migraine Treatment near Bloomington, MN
Migraine Treatment near Bloomington, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to access effective Bloomington, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of people in the United States including Bloomington, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. If you have migraines in Bloomington, MN and have not had success with the many solutions you have tried, you are not alone. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Bloomington, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Bloomington, MN provides private, personalized care in a clean and modern setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with our team or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Bloomington, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which explains why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Bloomington, MN migraine treatment. When you turn to our Bloomington, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Bloomington, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, considering the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six Americans have suffered migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading reason for seeking emergency medical care.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, low-income households, and adults under the age of 44.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who live with migraines have been debilitated or forced to stay in bed due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Bloomington, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
There are a vast number of different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, chiropractic migraine treatment in Bloomington, MN may be right for you.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets stronger when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Stiff or tender neck
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
The migraine episode consists of four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all four stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage at once. Auras are not incredibly common, experienced by close to 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Bloomington, MN: Identifying Your Migraine Triggers
When you realize you need a good migraine treatment plan, it is also beneficial to learn about anything actions you can take to prevent the onset of migraines in the meantime. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Bloomington, MN, you will get to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Bloomington, MN area take an individualized approach to caring for each patient.
If you live in constant anticipation of the next migraine that will knock you off your feet, act now and get migraine treatment from a professional near Bloomington, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may find that you can reduce the frequency of attacks by figuring out the triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Skipping meals
- Consumption of some foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Bloomington, MN
Your Bloomington, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that may help treat your migraines. We take the time to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the Bloomington, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Learn about a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Bloomington, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by improving blood flow throughout the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Bloomington, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Bloomington, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors when treating a patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will put together a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Bloomington, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What was effective for one person may not be the right choice for you. Be safe and make sure to consult with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care physician before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Bloomington, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on providing private, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Bloomington, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Bloomington, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be incredibly helpful. Our Bloomington, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen a lot of success in managing the symptoms and reducing the onset of attacks for countless Bloomington, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Bloomington, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.