Migraine Treatment near Bloomington, MN
Migraine Treatment near Bloomington, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you know how dire it is to find effective Bloomington, MN migraine treatment. Migraines can be debilitating and affect millions of people in the US every year. Many Bloomington, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Bloomington, MN may be the answer.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Bloomington, MN chiropractic team provides private, individualized care in a clean and modern setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to a specialist or booking your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Bloomington, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by severe headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the resulting restriction of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Bloomington, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you seek migraine treatment from our Bloomington, MN chiropractors, your Bloomington, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, considering your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- In any given 3 month span of time, approximately one out of 5 women and one out of six Americans suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading cause of emergency room visits.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and adults up to 44 years of age.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who experience migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity each year
Migraine Treatment in Bloomington, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, you may benefit from Bloomington, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Intense throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets stronger with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
The migraine episode is broken into four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
A migraine does not always present all distinct stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at once. Auras are not incredibly common, affecting close to 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Bloomington, MN: Identifying Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, it is also beneficial to learn what you can do to avoid migraine attacks from beginning. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Bloomington, MN, you will get to get a complete picture of your migraines and how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Bloomington, MN area take an individualized approach to caring for each patient.
If you live in constant fear of when the next debilitating migraine will strike, act now and get migraine treatment from a professional near Bloomington, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may find that you can alleviate the recurrence of attacks by identifying triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Extreme heat or cold
- Changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Certain foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Bloomington, MN
Your Bloomington, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that could help treat your migraines. We take the time to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the Bloomington, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Learn about some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Bloomington, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by improving blood flow in the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Bloomington, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Bloomington, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors in the treatment of every patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will put together a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Bloomington, MN.
As always, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What worked well for one person may not be effective for you. Be safe and make sure to check with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care doctor before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Bloomington, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on providing custom, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Bloomington, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Bloomington, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be incredibly helpful. Our Bloomington, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen great success in managing the symptoms and minimizing the onset of episodes for countless Bloomington, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Bloomington, MN offer safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.