Whiplash Treatment in Bloomington, MN
Whiplash Treatment Bloomington, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries happen to more than one million people every year in the United States alone. While many of whiplash injuries are mild, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Bloomington, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
The Bloomington, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to safely and effectively treat your whiplash injury at its source rather than simply temporarily covering up your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to endless years of pain, limitations, and other significant problems; get Bloomington, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. Reach us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Bloomington, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Bloomington, MN?
You may need Bloomington, MN whiplash treatment if you experienced a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue injury to the neck caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may notice a few days of soreness in the neck or could develop long-term pain or significant complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to find out if you need Bloomington, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are dealing with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment decision. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by learning about whiplash causes and symptoms below.
Whiplash is most commonly a result of:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are neck injuries including whiplash. The majority of whiplash car accidents occur in lower speed crashes under 25 miles per hour, with whiplash injuries resulting from collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports where the body may abruptly stop or start moving by force, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, whiplash sports injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Bloomington, MN due to some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can result in tragic, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine Bloomington, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV may also cause whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. If your head and neck were abruptly thrown forward and backward, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you figure out if you need Bloomington, MN chiropractic care for whiplash treatment.
After getting a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and ability to concentrate, or tinnitus. If you experience such symptoms, look to your Bloomington, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the best possible treatment for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are mild to moderate and dissipate naturally with time. These patients should look to home whiplash treatment strategies like applying heat and OTC medications. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Bloomington, MN if symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or persist beyond two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they affect your ability to enjoy life, you should request an appointment from our Bloomington, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor right away. You should also receive whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are alarmingly common among whiplash victims. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your chance of making a full recovery and avoiding years of chronic pain and debilitating conditions is heavily dependent upon getting quick, tailored whiplash treatment in Bloomington, MN at your earliest opportunity after being injured. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Bloomington, MN whiplash treatment providers to receive help addressing your whiplash injury right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Bloomington, MN
Your Bloomington, MN whiplash treatment plan should be personalized to your needs, goals, and characteristics of your injury. You need a whiplash treatment chiropractor in Bloomington, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Bloomington, MN who have been injured with targeted, chiropractic care performed by accomplished medical providers in a safe, private, clean officee. Request an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading Bloomington, MN chiropractor now.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as ice and heat, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care often successfully addresses the underlying cause of the whiplash injury as opposed to merely masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves individuals young and old who have a wide variety of needs, priorities, and physical complaints near Bloomington, MN. The Total Spine Bloomington, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays up to date on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and refers to years of specialized education and clinical experience to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Chiropractor Near Me
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Bloomington, MN whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to increase blood flow and range of motion and reduce pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Bloomington, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises will help release tightness and soreness in the neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - You have tight points in your spine and other joint referred to as subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near Bloomington, MN might incorporate the use of ultrasound technology, which has been shown to minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by promoting healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can loosen tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable Bloomington, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Care for your future self by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. Take the first step toward your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Bloomington, MN. Make an appointment online right away.
Get Bloomington, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Access quality whiplash treatment from trusted Bloomington, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Bloomington, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the underlying cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Bloomington, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.