Migraine Treatment near Dayton, MN
Migraine Treatment near Dayton, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to access effective Dayton, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of people in the United States including Dayton, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. Many Dayton, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Seeing a chiropractor in Dayton, MN may be the answer.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Dayton, MN chiropractic team offers private, individualized care in a clean and modern setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with a specialist or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Dayton, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which is why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the resulting restriction of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Dayton, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you turn to our Dayton, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Dayton, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, considering the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- In any given 3 month period, approximately one out of 5 women and one out of six Americans suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four cause of seeking emergency medical care.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and adults up to 44 years of age.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who experience migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion in lost labor and productivity each year
Migraine Treatment in Dayton, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
There are a vast number of different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, chiropractic migraine treatment in Dayton, MN may be right for you.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets stronger when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Feeling drained
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Tender scalp
A migraine attack is broken into four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all distinct stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Auras are not incredibly common, experienced by around 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Dayton, MN: Identifying Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in need of a good migraine treatment plan, you can also benefit from learning what actions you can take to avoid migraine attacks from beginning. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Dayton, MN to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Our Dayton, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to treating every patient.
If you live in constant anticipation of the next migraine that will knock you off your feet, act now and get migraine treatment from a professional near Dayton, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to alleviate the frequency of attacks by figuring out the factors that trigger attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Extreme temperatures
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Skipping meals
- Consumption of some foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Dayton, MN
Your Dayton, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that may help treat your migraines. We take the time to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the best possible Dayton, MN migraine treatment.
Below are some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Dayton, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by impacting blood flow in the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Dayton, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Dayton, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors when treating a patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will put together a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Dayton, MN.
As always, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What was effective for one person may not be the right choice for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care physician before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Dayton, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on offering private, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Dayton, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Dayton, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be incredibly helpful. Our Dayton, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen a lot of success in managing the symptoms and reducing the onset of attacks for countless Dayton, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Dayton, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.