Migraine Treatment near Dayton, MN
Migraine Treatment near Dayton, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to find effective Dayton, MN migraine treatment. Migraines can be debilitating and affect millions of people in the US every year. Many Dayton, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Dayton, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Dayton, MN chiropractic team provides private, personalized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable offices. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to our team or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Dayton, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Dayton, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you seek migraine treatment from our Dayton, MN chiropractors, your Dayton, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, considering the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six Americans have suffered migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four cause of seeking emergency medical care.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, low-income households, and young and middle aged adults up to 44 years of age.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who experience migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity each year
Migraine Treatment in Dayton, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
There are a variety of different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, you may be a good candidate for Dayton, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Intense throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets worse when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Feeling drained
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode is broken into four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
A migraine does not necessarily have to present all four stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at once. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Dayton, MN: Identifying Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in search of migraine treatment that works, you can also benefit from learning what actions you can take to avoid the onset of migraines in the meantime. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Dayton, MN, you will get to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Our Dayton, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to caring for every patient.
If you live in constant fear of when the next debilitating migraine will strike, act now and find a migraine treatment professional near Dayton, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may be able to alleviate the frequency of attacks by figuring out the triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Extreme heat or cold
- Changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Expending physical energy
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Certain foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Dayton, MN
Your Dayton, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that may be effective treat your migraines. We will work closely with you to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the Dayton, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Learn about some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Dayton, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by impacting blood flow throughout the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Dayton, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Dayton, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors when treating a patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Dayton, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What was effective for one person may not be effective for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractic doctor or speak to your primary care physician before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Dayton, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in providing custom, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Dayton, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Dayton, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent solution. Our Dayton, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen great success in alleviating the symptoms and reducing the onset of episodes for countless Dayton, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Dayton, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.