Whiplash Treatment in Dayton, MN
Whiplash Treatment Dayton, MN. While we do not know the exact count, whiplash injuries affect more than one million people every year in the United States alone. Though the majority of whiplash injuries can heal with minimal medical care, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Dayton, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Dayton, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Dayton, MN with the clinical experience and practical knowledge to offer care that addresses your whiplash injury at its source rather than simply temporarily covering up your symptoms. Protect yourself from decades of pain, disability, and other significant medical conditions by getting Dayton, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. talk to us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Dayton, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Dayton, MN?
You may need Dayton, MN whiplash treatment if you were subject to a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue neck injury that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may notice soreness for a handful of days or could develop chronic pain or serious complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to find out if you need Dayton, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are dealing with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment option. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by familiarizing yourself with whiplash causes and symptoms below.
Common whiplash causes include:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are neck injuries including whiplash. These injuries actually most often occur in lower speed crashes of 25 miles per hour or less. Whiplash injuries can happen in collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports where the body may start or stop traveling suddenly, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, whiplash sports injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Dayton, MN due to some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can cause heartbreaking, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Dayton, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV may also result in whiplash injuries.
This is not an exhaustive list of whiplash causes. If your head and neck were abruptly thrown back and forth, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to figure out whether whiplash treatment like Dayton, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
If you have a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Neck soreness
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you begin to notice symptoms like these, look to your Dayton, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the best possible care for your whiplash symptoms.
For many, whiplash symptoms are manageable and resolve naturally with time. These patients may choose to try home whiplash treatment strategies like heat/cold applications and OTC anti-inflammatory pain relievers. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Dayton, MN if your symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or persist more than two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they disrupt your ability to enjoy life, you should request an appointment from our Dayton, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor right away. You should also receive chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are inordinately common for people with whiplash injuries. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your ability to move on from this injury and preventing a lifetime of pain and other symptoms is decided in part by whether you get quick, effective whiplash treatment in Dayton, MN as soon as possible after sustaining your injury. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Dayton, MN whiplash treatment providers to receive skilled attention for your whiplash injury right away.
Dayton, MN Whiplash Treatment
Your Dayton, MN whiplash treatment plan should be written for your condition and your personal needs and goals. You need a whiplash treatment doctor in Dayton, MN whom you trust and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Dayton, MN provides targeted, evidence-based treatment practices performed by seasoned medical professionals in a safe, private, clean office settinge. Schedule an appointment for Dayton, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors now.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as heat or ice applications, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care often successfully treats the route of the whiplash injury instead of merely temporarily masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats patients of all ages with a wide range of needs, goals, and conditions near Dayton, MN. The Total Spine Dayton, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays up to date on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and refers to years of specialized education and clinical experience to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Dayton, MN whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion while eliminating stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Dayton, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies can be used to release the tight and sore neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your Dayton, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor may incorporate the use of ultrasound technology, which has been shown to minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by encouraging healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can loosen tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Dayton, MN. Do your future self a favor by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. Begin your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Dayton, MN. Schedule an appointment online right away.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment near Dayton, MN: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Access quality whiplash treatment from trusted Dayton, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Dayton, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the root cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Dayton, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.