Scoliosis Treatment in Maple Grove, MN
Scoliosis Treatment Maple Grove. Scoliosis is an abnormal lateral curvature in the spine that affects as many as nine million people in the U.S.. The condition is often noticed initially in early adolescence by a medical doctor or chiropractor while performing a physical examination and then verified through diagnostic imaging.
The focus of this article is to outline the benefits of chiropractic care for scoliosis treatment and dive into the benefits of a conservative treatment approach. A chiropractor in Maple Grove can often help provide relief from the symptoms associated with scoliosis.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS AND COMPLICATIONS OF SCOLIOSIS?
Scoliosis can be classified in a number of different ways based on the severity of the case, the flexibility of the spine, and the underlying cause. Primarily, the severity of scoliosis is classified according to the degree of lateral curvature that is present in the spine; with 10 to 24 degree curves considered mild, 25 to 49 degree curves noted as significant, and a curvature of greater than 50 degrees categorized as severe. Scoliosis can be caused by congenital birth defects and neurological disorders, but the majority of cases occur for largely unknown reasons.
Scoliosis can often be accompanied by the following associated symptoms:
- Chronic lower back and neck pain
- Disc herniations or degenerative disc disease
- Headaches or migraines
- Difficulty breathing
- Organ dysfunction from structural pressure
- Poor mobility and movement
- Chronic fatigue and low energy
SCOLIOSIS TREATMENT IN MAPLE GROVE
People with mild to moderate scoliosis commonly do not seek treatment. In severe cases of scoliosis, the two primary initial treatment recommendations are bracing and surgery. Fortunately, there are a number of options for managing and treating scoliosis in Maple Grove. The option that is best for you depends on your specific symptoms and treatment goals. Treatment options include:
- Chiropractic care offers some of the top treatment options for managing your scoliosis symptoms. Proper spinal alignment will reduce stress on the nervous system, providing pain relief and improved spinal mobility.
- Physical therapy helps to optimize biomechanics and provides exercises and stretches to strengthen and balance the spine.
- Bracing is typically provided by an orthopedic doctor and provides support and aids in stability.
- Home exercise programs improve core strength and spinal mobility.
- Massage therapy reduces muscle spasm and promotes spinal balance.
- Acupuncture provides non-invasive symptomatic pain relief.
- Medications or injections can range from over-the-counter medications to more invasive injection procedures. These procedures are most effective for short-term pain relief.
- Surgery is typically a final option when conservative treatment is ineffective or when associated symptoms are significantly affecting the quality of life.
SCOLIOSIS AND BACK PAIN IN MAPLE GROVE
Back pain is a symptom that is commonly experienced by people who have been diagnosed with scoliosis. This associated back pain can occur for a number of reasons including:
- Joint misalignment in the spine, hips, and pelvis
- Compression or stretching of neural tissue
- Degenerative joint disease
- Muscle imbalance and weakness
- Faulty biomechanics
- Poor posture
CHIROPRACTIC CARE FOR SCOLIOSIS AT TOTAL SPINE HEALTH & INJURY CENTER
There are a number of benefits to seeking chiropractic treatment for scoliosis in Maple Grove, regardless of the severity or symptoms that are present. Chiropractors in Maple Grove are professionally trained to diagnose patients with scoliosis and accurately develop the correct treatment plan to most efficiently and effectively address the curvature of the spine and accompanying symptoms.
Chiropractic care has been shown to better manage scoliosis by improving spinal mobility and flexibility while reducing the associated pain. The ultimate goal of chiropractic treatment for scoliosis is to maximize the health of your spine; and the best part is that chiropractic doctors in Maple Grove are often able to do this in a comfortable and effective way.
Total Spine Health & Injury Center offers non-invasive and sustainable treatment that is a great alternative to other more aggressive and costly treatment options, such as surgery. Don't settle for unnecessary pain and suffering. Give chiropractic treatment a try by calling (763) 568-7869 or contact us today for a consultation and examination that can be life-changing.
View All Spine-Related Services