What To Expect At Your First Visit To Your Maple Grove Chiropractor
We all know that our day one experience at a doctor's office can vary greatly depending on the clinic, doctor, and their overall treatment approach. The same variation holds true for chiropractic offices in Maple Grove as well. Let's take this opportunity to discuss the first-day procedures that take place at Total Spine, why they're important, and what you can expect on your first visit.
Ready to take the first step toward wellness, pain relief, and mobility? Schedule your first chiropractic appointment in Maple Grove, MN today or learn more about what Total Spine Health & Injury Center can do for you by reading on below.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN Maple Grove
- New Patient Intake Form: At Total Spine Health and Injury Center, this is a simple two-sheet intake form that serves to collect your basic personal information, health history, and information about your primary complaint. Whether you have back pain, neck pain, or headaches, the primary complaint is the pain or symptom that an individual is experiencing and the most common reason that people step foot in our office. This intake form serves as a great starting point when creating a baseline for your health as well as in determining your overall health goals.
- Consultation: Once the initial intake paperwork is complete, it's now time to meet with the chiropractor. Additional questions about your health history will be asked, with a primary focus being placed on the current health complaint that concerns you most. Common questions will include: Mode of Onset? Intensity? Duration? Getting better or worse? Radiating? History? Medications? Other treatment options explored? Results? And that is simply to name a few - the primary objective of the consultation is to allow the doctor to become more familiar with the symptoms that you are experiencing.
- Examination: Isn't it amazing that with traditional western medicine we could go into a doctor's office with low back pain and never have the doctor actually touch or look at our back? The examination portion of the visit is often the most important - this is where the chiropractor is able to actually feel and assess what's going on. A detailed and skilled spinal examination is the primary tool that chiropractors use to assess the spine for misalignment - this should be done by hand and does not require tools, computers, or other instruments. Additional orthopedic, neurological, and palpation tests may also be performed to assess your neck pain, headaches, sciatica or other common conditions that often motivate an individual to seek our chiropractic treatment.
- X-Rays: This is a part of the examination procedure and a vital piece to determining the underlying structure of the spine and knowing if there are any other factors that may affect the treatment plan or outcome of a particular case. The majority of patients should receive x-rays prior to any chiropractic work being performed. This allows the chiropractor to be comfortable with the technique that they are using as well as gives the patient an understanding of the underlying problem.
- Treatment: In many cases, no treatment is performed on the first day. The sole purpose of day one is to collect information to determine if chiropractic care is right for you. In some extreme cases where a patient is experiencing extreme acute pain, a light relief treatment may be done on day one, but this is only in rare circumstances.
So, there you have it - the perfect day one chiropractic visit. We are constantly told how thorough our procedures are on the first day.
We understand that you have a decision in who you choose as your chiropractor in Maple Grove. We appreciate your consideration of Total Spine Health and Injury Center for your health and pain relief needs in the Maple Grove area. We look forward to helping you and your family soon!