The Top Accident Injury Chiropractor in Maple Grove - Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Accident injury chiroprator. Car accidents are never fun and outside of the damage to your vehicle they can result in injuries that chiropractic treatment can help address. I've you've been injured in a car accident, Total Spine Health and Injury Center is the chiropractor for you. We offer chiropractic care and massage therapy for a wide range of injuries, from whiplash, sprains and strains, middle back pain, neck pain, and disc injuries. If you've been injured and are looking for an accident Injury chiropractor, be sure to schedule an appointment today at our Maple Grove chiropractic office.
Common Car Accident Injuries and Symptoms
The type and severity of auto injuries can vary greatly. The speed and type of impact, size of the individual involved, and previous health history can all play a role in whether or not an individual is injured during an accident.
Some of the most common auto accident injuries include:
- Whiplash: Whiplash injuries are a type of neck injury that occurs as a result of an abrupt forward and backward movement of the head. This motion causes damage to the soft tissue structures of the neck including the spinal ligaments and supporting muscular structure. Symptoms can range from mild to severe in intensity and often have associated pain in the neck and shoulders. Whiplash treatment should be sought as soon as possible following an injury.
- Sprains: A sprain injury is the result of stretching or tearing of ligaments, which are the fibrous structures that connect bone to bone. Neck and lower back sprains are common injuries following a car accident. Unfortunately, ligaments often heal slowly and may heal incompletely.
- Strains: Strain injuries occur when muscles or tendons, not ligaments, are overstretched or torn. Injuries can range from mild to severe and can be the result of an acute event, such as rear-end collision, or from a chronic injury such as ongoing repetitive stress.
- Disc Injuries: Bulging or herniated discs can be caused by a car accident. These types of injuries are often caused by a forceful or sudden movement of the spine. A disc bulge occurs when the outer fibrous portion of the disc is pushed out beyond the vertebrae. A disc herniation results when there is a tear in the outer fibers of the disc and the inner contents spill out. Disc injuries can put pressure on adjacent nerve structures resulting in localized pain or radiating symptoms.
- Post-Traumatic Headaches: Many people visit an accident injury chiropractor seeking treatment for headaches following a car accident. The cause of post-traumatic headaches is often related to spasms and injury of the neck's soft tissues. Headache symptoms can range from mild to severe and can often last for several weeks or months. Associated symptoms and related injuries may include vertigo, dizziness, and neck stiffness or soreness.
- Low Back Injuries: Contrary to what many believe, injuries to the lower back are common following a car accident. Lower back pain can commonly result from sprain/strain injuries, disc injuries, and injuries to the joints of the spine.
Regardless of the injury you sustain, it's a good idea to seek the proper treatment following a car accident. Injuries aren't always apparent immediately following an accident, and may take days, weeks, or months to present. The last thing we should do is ignore pain or symptoms in hopes that they will simply go away on their own. Our accident injury chiropractor is specially trained to evaluate for accident injuries and formulate an effective treatment plan to help you feel and heal your best.
Chiropractic Treatment for an Accident Injury
Chiropractic treatment for an accident injury can help resolve pain and improve function. Chiropractors use a variety of techniques to treat patients, so it's important to find one who specializes in your condition or injury.
An auto injury chiropractor is different from other doctors of chiropractic because they have completed additional training in treating and managing personal injury cases. An injury chiropractic clinic is uniquely qualified for natural healing and pain relief, from understanding the mechanism of injury to the specific techniques that yield the best results to the proper referrals for additional pain management.
Benefits of Chiropractic Treatment Following an Injury
Minimize Pain: Chiropractic care is a popular treatment choice for people who suffer from pain following an injury or motor vehicle collision (MVA). Chiropractors use manual manipulation techniques to realign the spine, restoring its natural mobility. This helps to reduce pain and improve healing in soft tissue injuries. If you have suffered an accident, chiropractic care can help to prevent further injury by helping your body return to its normal functioning as quickly as possible.
Reduce Inflammation: Chiropractic treatment and supportive therapies like massage and manual therapy can be effective in reducing inflammation and pain. This makes chiropractic a great option for people who have suffered an injury from a car accident. The first 72 hours following an injury are often referred to as the inflammatory stage of healing as the body ramps up its effort to heal an injured area. Helping reduce inflammation can help eliminate discomfort and reduce the likelihood of long-term pain.
Restore Range of Motion: Chiropractic care can help restore range of motion and correct spinal misalignment that may be causing pain. Restricted joints can lead to chronic pain, loss of mobility, and other health issues. Chiropractic care helps to correct these conditions through chiropractic adjustment, massage, and physical therapy exercises.
Reduce Scar Tissue: Scar tissue can be a major pain in the neck. Not only is it uncomfortable, but it may also predispose us to other conditions down the road such as arthritis, chronic neck pain, and other aches and pains. Fortunately, chiropractic care can help reduce scar tissue and speed up healing time after soft tissue damage has occurred.
Effective Non-Invasive Treatment: Chiropractic care is a type of non-invasive, effective treatment for car accident injuries and other spine health issues. A chiropractor can help relieve pain, improve range of motion, and support overall health and well-being. Unlike traditional medical treatments, chiropractic does not rely on medications, injections, or surgery.
Looking for an Accident Injury Chiropractor?
After an auto accident, it's important to see a chiropractor for injury treatment and pain relief. Chiropractors are skilled in treating auto accident injuries and can help you recover quickly. Car accident chiropractic is a great way to improve your overall health and recover after injury. Spinal manipulation helps to restore function and correct misalignments in the spine that can lead to pain and other injuries.
Some of the most common problems chiropractors treat after an auto accident include neck pain, back pain, whiplash injury, soft tissue injury, and joint pain. Chiropractors also have the knowledge, tools, and expertise to help you maintain your health after an auto accident.
If you're looking for an accident injury chiropractor, Total Spine Health and Injury Center is the perfect choice for you. At Total Spine, our chiropractor's #1 priority is to help you get back to feeling your best and to do that by supporting your body throughout the healing process. We have the latest technology and equipment to help you get back on your feet as quickly as possible. If you have been injured in a car accident and are looking for chiropractic care, Total Spine Health and Injury Center is the perfect injury chiropractic clinic for you.