Migraine Treatment near Albertville, MN
Migraine Treatment near Albertville, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to access effective Albertville, MN migraine treatment. Migraines can be debilitating and affect millions of people in the US every year. If you have migraines in Albertville, MN and have not had success with the many solutions you have tried, you are not alone. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Albertville, MN may be the answer.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Albertville, MN chiropractic team offers private, individualized care in a clean and modern setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with a specialist or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Albertville, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which explains why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the resulting restriction of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Albertville, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you seek migraine treatment from our Albertville, MN chiropractors, your Albertville, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, considering the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six US citizens have experienced migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four reason for seeking emergency medical care.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and adults up to 44 years of age.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who experience migraines have been debilitated or unable to get out of bed due to the severity of their migraines.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion in lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Albertville, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
There are a vast number of different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, chiropractic migraine treatment in Albertville, MN may be right for you.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Feeling drained
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode consists of four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
A migraine does not necessarily have to present all four stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage at once. Auras are not incredibly common, affecting close to 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Albertville, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in need of a good migraine treatment plan, it is also beneficial to learn about anything you can do to avoid the onset of migraines in the meantime. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Albertville, MN, you will get to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Our Albertville, MN migraine treatment doctor takes a personalized approach to treating every patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, it is important to get migraine treatment from a professional near Albertville, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to alleviate the frequency of attacks by identifying triggers that bring on attacks.
- Bright lights
- Severe heat or cold
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Certain foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Sleep pattern variations, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Albertville, MN
When you trust our Albertville, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that may help in addressing the source of your migraines. We will work closely with you to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible Albertville, MN migraine treatment.
Below are a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Albertville, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by improving blood flow throughout the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Albertville, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Albertville, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing in the treatment of every patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Albertville, MN.
As always, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What worked well for one person may not be the right choice for you. Be safe and make sure to check with a chiropractor or speak to your primary care physician before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Albertville, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on offering custom, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Albertville, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Albertville, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be incredibly helpful. Our Albertville, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen a lot of success in managing the symptoms and reducing the onset of attacks for countless Albertville, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Albertville, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.