Work Injury Treatment in Albertville, MN
Work injury treatment in Albertville, MN. Did you suffer an injury on the job? Is your movement health being impacted by chronic pain or other symptoms? Do you want to feel better but are hesitant about invasive procedures or prescription drugs? Chiropractic care may be your solution.
Beyond the physical pain a work injury comes with, it also impacts how you can put food on the table for your Albertville, MN family. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for employers who are dealing with a variety of issues affecting any body part, not just back pain. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your health so that you not only get back to work, but stay there. For safe and effective work injury treatment in Albertville, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online.
Common Work Injuries That Albertville, MN Chiropractic Care Can Treat
Generally, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Repetitive motion injuries — These occur from performing the same motions for long periods of time, day in and day out. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from desk work, axial back pain from being in the same position throughout your work day, or a frozen shoulder from more physically intensive work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that are harder on our bodies, like construction or mining that require lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying can cause acute injuries. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third most common work injury. Common injuries resulting from falls are ligament injuries, broken bones, spinal misalignment, back pain, and neck pain.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — The risk of being hit by a falling object is also higher in professionals like construction. Examples of injuries include bruises, fractures, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Licensed chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but a variety of body parts and functional issues. If a concussion leads you to have persistent migraines, chiropractic care can also provide long-term headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Albertville, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial trigger points
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Albertville, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Albertville, MN will be based on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to get back to. We'll discuss the events surrounding your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work with you to find out what's causing them. After a discussion, we'll conduct a physical examination, and perform what X-rays or motion study analysis we think would be beneficial. Then, we'll determine how to best get you back to work. Chiropractic care for workplace injuries generally includes chiropractic adjustments, also called spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic manipulations are done through over a dozen different chiropractic techniques that include short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. Contrary to general belief, chiropractors rarely "push bones back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and chiropractors let out tensions interfering with how the body works. Chiropractic manipulations help patients reach optimal functionality and help your body work harmoniously with itself, and symptoms are relieved through relieving the stress an injury places on the nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by encouraging blood flow to and relieving soft tissue and breaking down the scar tissue caused by an injury. Practiced since at least 3,000 BCE, massage therapy has been demonstrated to reduce anxiety, increase blood flow, in addition to countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll come up with a treatment plan based on improving your overall health. We'll offer exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle advice to help your work injury treatment in Albertville, MN go as quickly as possible and promote your health down the road.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Work Injury Treatment in Albertville, MN
Chiropractic care offers a wide range of benefits that not only help in work injury treatment, but improve your overall life. With our services in Albertville, MN, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — In addition to reducing pain, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, lower blood pressure, and can improve sleep and even improve brain function.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about injuries and how our bodies work in order to stay healthy and perform at work better than ever. We'll teach you about posture correction and other ways to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is vital for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, a licensed chiropractor will also be able to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a deep grasp of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves in your back apply to the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "wellness" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you stay at optimal health and can relieve any stress your job may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. A lot of our Albertville, MN work injury patients end up coming in for regular visits once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
How Does Chiropractic Compare to Other Work Injury Treatment Options?
According to a study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers were able to return to work more quickly when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries whose first point of contact is a medical doctor have a 42.7% likelihood of surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also decreases the use of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it addresses the underlying issue instead of just treating symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Albertville, MN
Pursuant to Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers must provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury and chiropractic visits are included in workers' compensation. That includes covering costs related to travel (gas miles, Uber or Lyft, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
In most cases, injured employees in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to treat them. To learn why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Albertville, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our patient testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Albertville, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Trust in Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Albertville, MN
We have three main goals: provide lasting pain relief, improve your long-term wellness, and help our Albertville, MN communities understand the remarkable benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online for your work injury treatment in Albertville, MN.