Whiplash Treatment in Albertville, MN
Whiplash Treatment Albertville, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries affect at least one million people annually in the United States alone. While the majority of whiplash injuries are mild, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Albertville, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Albertville, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Albertville, MN with the clinical experience and empirical knowledge to offer care that addresses your whiplash injury at its source instead of simply masking your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to decades of pain, disability, and other significant problems by getting Albertville, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. Call us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Albertville, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Albertville, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Albertville, MN whiplash treatment. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue injury to the neck caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may notice soreness for a handful of days or could suffer from long-term pain or significant complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to find out if you need Albertville, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are living with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment decision. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by familiarizing yourself with whiplash causes and symptoms below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other traffic accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are neck injuries including whiplash. The majority of whiplash car accidents occur in lower speed crashes of 25 miles per hour or less. Whiplash injuries can happen in crashes at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports in which the body can start or stop traveling suddenly, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, whiplash sports injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our Albertville, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured due to some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can result in devastating, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine Albertville, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, may also cause whiplash injuries.
This is not an exhaustive list of whiplash causes. If your head and neck were abruptly thrown forward and backward, you might have a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you figure out if you need Albertville, MN chiropractic care for whiplash treatment.
If you have a whiplash injury, you may experience symptoms like:
- Neck soreness
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you begin to notice such symptoms, look to your Albertville, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the proper care for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are mild to moderate and resolve naturally with time. These patients may choose to look to home whiplash treatment methods like heat/cold applications and OTC anti-inflammatory pain relievers. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Albertville, MN if symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or persist beyond two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly disrupt your daily life, you should request an appointment from our Albertville, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor right away. It is also important to receive whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are inordinately common for people with whiplash injuries. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms seventeen years later. Your ability to move on from this injury and avoiding a lifetime of pain and debilitating symptoms is decided in part by whether you get quick, proven whiplash treatment in Albertville, MN at your earliest opportunity after sustaining your injury. Contact the Albertville, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center to receive help addressing your whiplash right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Albertville, MN
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Albertville, MN that is catered to your needs, goals, and characteristics of your injury. You need a whiplash treatment chiropractor in Albertville, MN whom you trust and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Albertville, MN who have been injured with modern, evidence-based treatment practices from reputable medical providers in a safe, private, clean facilitye. Book an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading Albertville, MN chiropractor right away.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include ice and heat, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and exercises or physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care often successfully treats the underlying cause of the whiplash injury as opposed to merely masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats individuals of all ages with a wide variety of needs, goals, and physical complaints in the Albertville, MN area. Our Albertville, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays informed on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and draws from years of specialized education and experience treating patients to provide the best possible chiropractic care. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Your Albertville, MN chiropractor will likely perform spinal manipulations as a part of your whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to increase blood flow and range of motion and reduce pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Albertville, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises can be used to release the tight and sore neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - You have tight points in your spine and other joint referred to as subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near Albertville, MN might employ ultrasounds, which has been shown to minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by promoting healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can loosen tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable Albertville, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Care for your future self by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. Take the first step toward your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Albertville, MN. Book an appointment online as soon as you can.
Leading Albertville, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Receive expert whiplash treatment from leading Albertville, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Albertville, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the root cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Albertville, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.