Migraine Treatment near Big Lake, MN
Migraine Treatment near Big Lake, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to access effective Big Lake, MN migraine treatment. Migraines can be debilitating and affect millions of people in the US every year. If you have migraines in Big Lake, MN and have tried multiple treatment methods with little success, you are not alone. Seeing a chiropractor in Big Lake, MN may be the answer.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Big Lake, MN provides private, individualized care in a clean and modern setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to a specialist or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Big Lake, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which explains why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Big Lake, MN migraine treatment. When you seek migraine treatment from our Big Lake, MN chiropractors, your Big Lake, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six Americans have suffered migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four cause of emergency room visits.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults under the age of 44.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who live with migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity annually
Migraine Treatment in Big Lake, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
There are numerous different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, you may benefit from Big Lake, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Feeling drained
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
The migraine episode is characterized by four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all distinct stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage concurrently. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Big Lake, MN: Knowing Your Migraine Triggers
When you realize you need a good migraine treatment plan, it is also beneficial to learn what actions you can take to prevent the onset of migraines in the meantime. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Big Lake, MN, you will get to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Big Lake, MN area take an individualized approach to treating every patient.
If you live in constant fear of when the next debilitating migraine will strike, act now and find a migraine treatment professional near Big Lake, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may find that you can alleviate the frequency of attacks by figuring out the triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Extreme temperatures
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Expending physical energy
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Consumption of some foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Big Lake, MN
When you trust our Big Lake, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that may help in addressing the source of your migraines. We will work closely with you to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the Big Lake, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Learn about a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Big Lake, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by improving blood flow in the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Big Lake, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Big Lake, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing in the treatment of every patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Big Lake, MN.
As always, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What was effective for one person may not be the right choice for you. Be safe and make sure to consult with a chiropractor or talk to your primary care doctor before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Big Lake, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on providing private, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Big Lake, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Big Lake, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be incredibly helpful. Our Big Lake, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen a lot of success in alleviating the symptoms and minimizing the onset of episodes for countless Big Lake, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Big Lake, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.