Whiplash Treatment in Big Lake, MN
Whiplash Treatment Big Lake, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries happen to at least one million people annually in the US alone. Though the majority of whiplash injuries are mild, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Big Lake, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Big Lake, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Big Lake, MN with the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to offer care that addresses your whiplash injury at its source instead of simply temporarily covering up your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to decades of pain, limitations, and other significant complications; get Big Lake, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. Call us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Big Lake, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Big Lake, MN?
You may need Big Lake, MN whiplash treatment if you experienced a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue injury to the neck that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may experience as little as a few days of soreness in the neck or could develop long-term pain or significant complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to determine if you need Big Lake, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are dealing with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, chiropractic care is an excellent treatment option. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by familiarizing yourself with the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
Whiplash is most commonly a result of:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other traffic accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are neck injuries including whiplash. These injuries actually most often take place during crashes that happen at speeds under 25 miles per hour, with whiplash injuries resulting from collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports where the body may abruptly stop or start moving by force, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, these kinds of whiplash injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Big Lake, MN due to some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can cause devastating, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Big Lake, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV may also result in whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. In any event, if any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head back and forth, you might have a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to figure out if you need Big Lake, MN chiropractic care for whiplash treatment.
If you have a whiplash injury, you may experience symptoms like:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you begin to notice such symptoms, look to your Big Lake, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the proper treatment for your whiplash symptoms.
For some, whiplash symptoms are manageable and dissipate naturally with time. These patients should try home whiplash treatment methods like heat/cold applications and OTC pharmaceuticals. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Big Lake, MN if your symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or persist longer than two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly disrupt your ability to enjoy life, you should make an appointment from our Big Lake, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor as soon as possible. You should also receive chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are inordinately prevalent for people with whiplash injuries, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your potential for recovering completely and avoiding years of chronic pain and other conditions is heavily dependent upon getting quick, efficacious whiplash treatment in Big Lake, MN at your earliest opportunity after being injured. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Big Lake, MN whiplash treatment providers to receive skilled attention for your whiplash condition right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Big Lake, MN
Your Big Lake, MN whiplash treatment plan should be designed for your injury and personal goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment chiropractor in Big Lake, MN whom you trust and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Big Lake, MN who have been injured with targeted, evidence-based treatment practices performed by seasoned medical professionals in a safe, private, clean officee. Schedule an appointment for Big Lake, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors right away.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include ice and heat, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care is distinct in that it treats the route of the whiplash injury as opposed to treating or temporarily masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats individuals young and old who have a wide range of needs, goals, and conditions in the Big Lake, MN area. The Total Spine Big Lake, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays up to date on the latest accepted chiropractic practices and refers to years of specialized education and clinical experience to provide the best possible chiropractic care. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Big Lake, MN whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to increase blood flow and range of motion while eliminating pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Big Lake, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies can be used to loosen up the tight and sore joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your Big Lake, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor may incorporate the use of ultrasounds, which has been shown to reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by promoting better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can reduce tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable Big Lake, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Do your future self a favor by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Big Lake, MN. Make an appointment online as soon as you can.
Get Big Lake, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Receive expert whiplash treatment from trusted Big Lake, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Big Lake, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the underlying cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Big Lake, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.