Work Injury Treatment in Big Lake, MN
Work injury treatment in Big Lake, MN. Did you suffer an injury at work? Is your movement health being impacted by back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to recover but are hesitant about surgery or prescription drugs? Total Spine is here to help.
Beyond the pain and discomfort a work injury comes with, it also impacts your ability to provide for your Big Lake, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for workers who are dealing with a variety of issues throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just back pain. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your wellness so that you can both get back to work and feel better than you used to once you get there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Big Lake, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online.
Common Work Injuries That Big Lake, MN Chiropractic Care Can Treat
Generally, work injuries fall into one of four categories:
- Repetitive stress injuries — These occur from performing the same motions for weeks, months, or years. Examples are carpal tunnel from using a keyboard all day, axial back pain from standing all day, or a disc injury from lifting or other, heavier work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require strenuous physical activity, like construction or agriculture, can lead someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially if they're not properly trained or protected. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Injuries can include sprains and strains, broken bones, spinal injuries, back pain, and neck pain.
- Falling object injuries — The risk of being hit by a falling object is also higher in professionals like construction. Common injuries include bruises, fractures, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Experienced chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but a variety of body parts and functional issues. If a brain injury leads you to have chronic migraines, chiropractic care can also provide lasting headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Big Lake, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial pain
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Big Lake, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Big Lake, MN will depend on the nature of your injury, realities of your job and lifestyle, your medical history. We'll discuss what caused your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work backwards to discover the root problem. After our initial talk, we'll do a physical examination, and conduct what imaging tests or motion study analysis we think we need to. Then, we'll determine how to best get you back to work. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries usually consists of chiropractic adjustments, also referred to as spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic adjustments are done through over a dozen different chiropractic techniques that include quick and targeted thrusts to certain areas. A common mischaracterization is that chiropractors "push bones back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function correctly, and chiropractors let out tensions interfering with how the body works. Spinal alignments help workers reach optimal movement health and help your body work harmoniously with itself, and symptoms are relieved through relieving the stress an injury causes to the nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by smoothing out tight muscles and encourage the breakdown of scar tissue covering the site of an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy has been demonstrated to relieve anxiety, improve circulation, in addition to countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we look at your total health and wellness. We'll also guide you through exercise, nutrition, and other suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Big Lake, MN go as smoothly as possible and promote your long-term health.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Work Injury Treatment in Big Lake, MN
Chiropractic care offers countless benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve how you feel and function every day. With our services in Big Lake, MN, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — Beyond just dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can help range of motion, improve blood pressure, and give you more energy and even increase brain function.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about symptoms and how you can achieve optimal functionality in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and feel better at work than you did before your injuries. We'll teach you about tips for lifting and other ways to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is essential for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While chiropractors are usually thought of in relation to the back and spine, an experienced chiropractor will also know how to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a thorough grasp of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, soft tissue, and nerves in your back apply to the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "wellness" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps protect your body from the physical stress of your job. Many of our Big Lake, MN work injury patients end up coming in for regular visits after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
Based on research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers missed less time away from work when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries who first seek out a medical doctor have a 42.7% chance of having surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also decreases the need of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it focuses on the underlying issue instead of just treating symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Big Lake, MN
Under Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers are legally obligated to provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury and chiropractic visits are included in workers' compensation. They also need to cover costs related to travel (gas miles, taxis, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Usually, injured employees in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To see why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Big Lake, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our client testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other services we offer in Big Lake, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Trust in Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Big Lake, MN
We have three main goals: provide meaningful pain relief, improve your long-term wellness, and help our Big Lake, MN communities discover the wonderful benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online for your work injury treatment in Big Lake, MN.