Migraine Treatment near Clearwater, MN
Migraine Treatment near Clearwater, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you know how dire it is to find effective Clearwater, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of Americans including Clearwater, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. If you have migraines in Clearwater, MN and have not had success with the many solutions you have tried, you are not alone. Seeing a chiropractor in Clearwater, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Clearwater, MN offers private, individualized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to a specialist or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Clearwater, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which explains why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the resulting restriction of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Clearwater, MN migraine treatment. When you seek migraine treatment from our Clearwater, MN chiropractors, your Clearwater, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, analyzing the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- In any given 3 month span of time, approximately one out of 5 women and one out of six people in the United States suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four cause of visits to the emergency room.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults up to 44 years of age.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who live with migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Clearwater, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
There are numerous different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, chiropractic migraine treatment in Clearwater, MN may be right for you.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Changes in how you see, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode is characterized by four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
A migraine does not always present all distinct stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage at once. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Clearwater, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in need of a good migraine treatment plan, it is also beneficial to learn what actions you can take to avoid the onset of migraines in the meantime. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Clearwater, MN to get a complete picture of your migraines and how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Clearwater, MN area take a personalized approach to caring for each patient.
If you live in constant anticipation of the next migraine that will knock you off your feet, act now and find a migraine treatment professional near Clearwater, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may find that you can alleviate the recurrence of attacks by figuring out the factors that trigger attacks.
- Bright lights
- Severe heat or cold
- Changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Expending physical energy
- Skipping meals
- Certain foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Clearwater, MN
Your Clearwater, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that may help in addressing the source of your migraines. We will work closely with you to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the Clearwater, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Below are a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Clearwater, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by improving blood flow in the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Clearwater, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Clearwater, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors in the treatment of every patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Clearwater, MN.
As always, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What was effective for one person may not be effective for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractor or talk to your primary care physician before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Clearwater, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on providing custom, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Clearwater, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Clearwater, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be incredibly helpful. Our Clearwater, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen a lot of success in managing the symptoms and minimizing the onset of attacks for countless Clearwater, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Clearwater, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.