Migraine Treatment near Clearwater, MN
Migraine Treatment near Clearwater, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to access effective Clearwater, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of people in the United States including Clearwater, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. If you have migraines in Clearwater, MN and have not had success with the many solutions you have tried, you are not alone. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Clearwater, MN may be the answer.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Clearwater, MN offers private, personalized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable clinic. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with our team or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Clearwater, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which is why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Clearwater, MN migraine treatment. When you seek migraine treatment from our Clearwater, MN chiropractors, your Clearwater, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, considering the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
One billion people in the world have migraines.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six Americans have experienced migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading cause of visits to the emergency room.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, low-income households, and adults up to 44 years of age.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who get migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity each year
Migraine Treatment in Clearwater, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, chiropractic migraine treatment in Clearwater, MN may be right for you.
- Intense throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Feeling tired and/or confused
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Tender scalp
A migraine attack is characterized by four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all distinct stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Clearwater, MN: Knowing Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, it is also beneficial to learn about anything actions you can take to avoid the onset of migraines in the meantime. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Clearwater, MN, you will get to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Our Clearwater, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to treating each patient.
If you live in constant anticipation of the next migraine that will knock you off your feet, act now and find a migraine treatment professional near Clearwater, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may find that you can reduce the frequency of attacks by identifying factors that trigger attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Skipping meals
- Certain foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Clearwater, MN
Your Clearwater, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that could help treat your migraines. We take the time to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the best possible Clearwater, MN migraine treatment.
Below are a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Clearwater, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by improving blood flow throughout the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Clearwater, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Clearwater, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors in the treatment of every patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will put together a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Clearwater, MN.
As always, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What was effective for one person may not be the right choice for you. It is important that you check with a chiropractic doctor or speak to your primary care doctor before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Clearwater, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in providing private, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Clearwater, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Clearwater, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent solution. Our Clearwater, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen a lot of success in alleviating the symptoms and preventing the onset of episodes for countless Clearwater, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Clearwater, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.