Whiplash Treatment in Clearwater, MN
Whiplash Treatment Clearwater, MN. While we do not know the exact count, whiplash injuries happen to more than one million people annually in the United States alone. Though the majority of whiplash injuries are mild, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Clearwater, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
The Clearwater, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and practical knowledge to offer care that addresses your whiplash injury at its source rather than only masking your symptoms. Protect yourself from countless years of pain, disability, and other significant complications; get Clearwater, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. Call us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Clearwater, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Clearwater, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Clearwater, MN whiplash treatment. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue injury to the neck caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may notice soreness for a handful of days or could suffer from long-term pain or serious complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is vital to seek a medical evaluation to determine if you need Clearwater, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are living with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, chiropractic care is an excellent treatment decision. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by learning about whiplash causes and symptoms below.
Common whiplash causes include:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are whiplash and other neck injuries. These injuries actually most often take place during crashes that happen at speeds of 25 miles per hour or less, with whiplash injuries resulting from collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports where the body can start or stop traveling suddenly, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, whiplash sports injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Clearwater, MN due to some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can result in heartbreaking, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Clearwater, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, may also cause whiplash injuries.
This is not a conclusive list of whiplash causes. In any event, if any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head back and forth, you might have a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to determine whether whiplash treatment like Clearwater, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
After getting a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you experience such symptoms, work with your Clearwater, MN chiropractor or another doctor to get the best possible care for your whiplash symptoms.
For some, whiplash symptoms are manageable and resolve naturally with time. These patients may choose to look to home whiplash treatment strategies like heat/cold applications and over-the-counter anti-inflammatory pain relievers. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Clearwater, MN if symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or persist more than two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they affect your ability to enjoy life, you should make an appointment from our Clearwater, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor immediately. You should also receive whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you have developed chronic whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are inordinately common for people with whiplash injuries, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms an entire 17 years later. Your chance of making a full recovery and avoiding years of chronic pain and debilitating conditions is decided in part by whether you get prompt, effective whiplash treatment in Clearwater, MN as soon as possible after being injured. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Clearwater, MN whiplash treatment providers to receive skilled attention for your whiplash condition right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Clearwater, MN
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Clearwater, MN that is written for your needs, goals, and characteristics of your injury. You need a whiplash treatment professional in Clearwater, MN whom you trust and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Clearwater, MN provides modern, chiropractic care from seasoned treatment professionals in a safe, private, clean facilitye. Request an appointment for Clearwater, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors immediately.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include heat or ice applications, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care often successfully treats the route of the whiplash injury rather than merely temporarily masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats individuals of all ages with a wide variety of needs, priorities, and conditions near Clearwater, MN. Our Clearwater, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays ahead on the latest accepted chiropractic practices and refers to extensive education and experience treating patients to provide the best possible chiropractic care. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Clearwater, MN whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to increase blood flow and range of motion and reduce stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Clearwater, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies can be used to release the tight and sore joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - You have tight points in your spine and other joint referred to as subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near Clearwater, MN may employ ultrasounds, which can minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by encouraging healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can loosen tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Clearwater, MN. Do your future self a favor by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. Take the first step toward your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Clearwater, MN. Make an appointment online now.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment near Clearwater, MN: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Get expert whiplash treatment from trusted Clearwater, MN area chiropractors after sustaining a whiplash injury in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Clearwater, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the underlying source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Clearwater, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.