Work Injury Treatment in Clearwater, MN
Work injury treatment in Clearwater, MN. Did you suffer an injury at work? Is your movement health being affected by back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to get back to work but are worried about invasive procedures or prescription medicine? Chiropractic care is your answer.
Beyond the limitations and pain a work injury comes with, it also limits how you can provide for your Clearwater, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for employers who are dealing with a variety of injuries affecting any body part, not just back pain. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your health so that you not only get back to work, but stay there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Clearwater, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or request an appointment.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In Clearwater, MN Treat?
Typically, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Overuse injuries — These occur from performing the same movements for long periods of time, day in and day out. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from working on a computer all day, axial back pain from standing throughout your work day, or a disc injury from lifting or other, heavier work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more physical exertion, like landscaping or agriculture, can cause someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially without sufficient training or preparation. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third most common work injury. Injuries can include ligament injuries, fractures, spinal injuries, back pain, and neck pain.
- Falling object injuries — The risk of being hit by a falling object is also higher in professionals like construction. Common injuries include bruises, broken bones, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Licensed chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but soft tissue and brain injuries, and anything else that affects the muscles and nervous system. If a brain injury leads you to have persistent migraines, chiropractors can also offer significant headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Clearwater, MN include:
- Spinal issues
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial pain
What Can a Chiropractor Do For My Work Injuries in Clearwater, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Clearwater, MN will depend on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to achieve. We'll go over the events surrounding your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work backwards to find out the root cause. After we get to know you, we'll carry out a physical examination, and conduct what X-rays or motion study analysis we find necessary. Then, we'll determine how to best get you back to work. Chiropractic care for workplace injuries generally includes chiropractic adjustments, also called spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Spinal alignments are carried out by a variety of chiropractic techniques that include quick and targeted thrusts to certain areas. Contrary to general belief, chiropractors rarely "push joints back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and chiropractors release tensions interfering with how the body works. In doing so, we help employees reach optimal functionality and ensure your body is functioning as a successful whole, and pain is relieved by relieving the stress a misalignment places on the nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by smoothing out soft tissue and breaking down the scar tissue covering the site of an injury. Used to treat injuries since at least 3,000 BCE, massage therapy is proven to relieve stress, improve blood flow, in addition to countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we believe in taking a holistic view to our patients' health. We'll provide exercise, nutrition, and other advice to help your work injury treatment in Clearwater, MN go as smoothly as it can and promote your long-term health.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Work Injury Treatment in Clearwater, MN
Chiropractors offer a wide range of benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve your overall life. With our Clearwater, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — In addition to dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can help range of motion, improve blood pressure, and can improve sleep and even increase brain activity.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about symptoms and how our bodies work in order to stay healthy and perform at work better than ever. We can help you with posture correction and other ways to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is vital for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, a professional chiropractor will also be able to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a thorough understanding of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, soft tissue, and nerves in your back are true for the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "preventive" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps relieve any stress your line of work may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. Many of our Clearwater, MN work injury patients schedule regular visits after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
According to research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers were able to return to work faster under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries whose first point of contact is a medical doctor have a 42.7% chance of having surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also reduces the use of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it focuses on the underlying issue instead of merely ameliorating symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Clearwater, MN
Because of Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers must provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt on the job through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. They also need to pay for travel costs (gas miles, rideshares, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Generally, workers in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To see why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Clearwater, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our patient testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other services we offer in Clearwater, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Trust in Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Clearwater, MN
Our goals are simple: provide safe pain relief, boost your overall wellness, and help our Clearwater, MN friends and family learn the wonderful benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online for your work injury treatment in Clearwater, MN.