Migraine Treatment near Crystal, MN
Migraine Treatment near Crystal, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to access effective Crystal, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of people in the United States including Crystal, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. Many Crystal, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Seeing a chiropractor in Crystal, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Crystal, MN chiropractic team offers private, individualized care in a clean and modern clinic. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with a specialist or booking your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Crystal, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which explains why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Crystal, MN migraine treatment. When you seek migraine treatment from our Crystal, MN chiropractors, your Crystal, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, considering your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six Americans have suffered migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four cause of emergency room visits.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults under the age of 44.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who live with migraines have been debilitated or confined to bedrest due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion in lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Crystal, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, chiropractic migraine treatment in Crystal, MN may be right for you.
- Intense throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets worse when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Feeling drained
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Tender scalp
A migraine attack consists of four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
A migraine does not necessarily have to present all distinct stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Crystal, MN: Identifying Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in need of a good migraine treatment plan, you can also benefit from learning about anything actions you can take to avoid migraine attacks from beginning. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Crystal, MN, you will get to get a complete picture of your migraines and how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Crystal, MN area take a personalized approach to treating each patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, act now and get migraine treatment from a professional near Crystal, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to alleviate the frequency of attacks by figuring out the triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Certain foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Crystal, MN
Your Crystal, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that could be effective treat your migraines. We take the time to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the Crystal, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Learn about a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Crystal, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by impacting blood flow throughout the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Crystal, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Crystal, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors in the treatment of every patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Crystal, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What was effective for one person may not be the right choice for you. Be safe and make sure to consult with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care physician before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Crystal, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on offering private, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Crystal, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Crystal, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be an excellent solution. Our Crystal, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen great success in alleviating the symptoms and reducing the onset of episodes for countless Crystal, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Crystal, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.