Migraine Treatment near Crystal, MN
Migraine Treatment near Crystal, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to find effective Crystal, MN migraine treatment. Migraines can be debilitating and affect millions of people in the US every year. Many Crystal, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Seeing a chiropractor in Crystal, MN may be the answer.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Crystal, MN provides private, individualized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable clinic. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to our team or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Crystal, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which explains why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the resulting narrowing of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Crystal, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you turn to our Crystal, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Crystal, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
One billion people in the world have migraines.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six Americans have suffered migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four reason for visits to the emergency room.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, low-income households, and adults under the age of 44.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who experience migraines have been debilitated or unable to get out of bed due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity annually
Migraine Treatment in Crystal, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
There are numerous different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, chiropractic migraine treatment in Crystal, MN may be right for you.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets stronger when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Changes in how you see, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Feeling tired and/or confused
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode is characterized by four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all four stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at once. Auras are not incredibly common, experienced by close to 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Crystal, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, you can also benefit from learning about anything you can do to prevent the onset of migraines in the meantime. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Crystal, MN, you will get to get a complete picture of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Crystal, MN area take a personalized approach to caring for each patient.
If you live in constant fear of when the next debilitating migraine will strike, act now and get migraine treatment from a professional near Crystal, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may be able to reduce the frequency of attacks by figuring out the triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe heat or cold
- Changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Expending physical energy
- Skipping meals
- Consumption of some foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Sleep pattern variations, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Crystal, MN
Your Crystal, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that may be effective in addressing the source of your migraines. We will work closely with you to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the Crystal, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Learn about a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Crystal, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by improving blood flow throughout the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Crystal, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Crystal, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing when treating a patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will put together a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Crystal, MN.
As always, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What was effective for one person may not be effective for you. Be safe and make sure to consult with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care doctor before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Crystal, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on providing custom, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Crystal, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Crystal, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be incredibly helpful. Our Crystal, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen a lot of success in alleviating the symptoms and preventing the onset of attacks for countless Crystal, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Crystal, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.