Whiplash Treatment in Crystal, MN
Whiplash Treatment Crystal, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries happen to more than one million people annually in the United States alone. While many of these cases are mild, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Crystal, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Crystal, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Crystal, MN with the clinical experience and empirical knowledge to offer care that addresses your whiplash injury at its source rather than only masking your symptoms. Protect yourself from endless years of pain, disability, and other significant medical conditions; get Crystal, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. Call us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Crystal, MN today.
Who needs whiplash treatment in Crystal, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Crystal, MN whiplash treatment. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue injury to the neck that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may notice a few days of soreness in the neck or could develop chronic pain or serious complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is vital to get a medical evaluation to learn if you need Crystal, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are living with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, chiropractic care is an excellent treatment option. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by learning about whiplash causes and symptoms below.
Common whiplash causes include:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other traffic accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are whiplash and other neck injuries. The majority of whiplash car accidents take place during crashes that happen at speeds of 25 miles per hour or less. Whiplash injuries can happen in collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports where the body may start or stop traveling suddenly, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, whiplash sports injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our Crystal, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured because of some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can cause tragic, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine Crystal, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, can also cause whiplash injuries.
This is not an exhaustive list of whiplash causes. If your head and neck were abruptly thrown back and forth, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to determine whether whiplash treatment like Crystal, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
After getting a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Neck soreness
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you experience symptoms like these, look to your Crystal, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the best possible care for your whiplash symptoms.
For some, whiplash symptoms are mild to moderate and dissipate naturally on their own. These patients may choose to look to home whiplash treatment methods like heat/cold applications and OTC pharmaceuticals. Call a whiplash treatment chiropractor or another doctor in the Crystal, MN area at (763) 568-7869 if your symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or progress more than two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they disrupt your ability to enjoy life, you should request whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor immediately. It is also important to receive chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you have developed chronic whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are alarmingly common among whiplash victims, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms seventeen years later. Your chance of making a full recovery and preventing years of chronic pain and debilitating conditions is decided in part by whether you get quick, effective whiplash treatment in Crystal, MN as soon as possible after sustaining your injury. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Crystal, MN whiplash treatment providers for skilled attention for your whiplash injury right away.
Crystal, MN Whiplash Treatment
Your Crystal, MN whiplash treatment plan should be written for your needs, goals, and characteristics of your injury. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment doctor in Crystal, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Crystal, MN who have been injured with modern, evidence-based treatment practices from seasoned treatment professionals in a safe, private, clean officee. Request an appointment for Crystal, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors immediately.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as heat or ice applications, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care is distinct in that it addresses the route of the whiplash injury as opposed to merely masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats individuals of all ages with a wide variety of needs, goals, and physical complaints in the Crystal, MN area. The Total Spine Crystal, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays ahead on the latest accepted chiropractic practices and refers to years of specialized education and experience treating patients to provide the best possible chiropractic care. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Your Crystal, MN chiropractor will likely perform spinal manipulations as a part of your whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion while eliminating pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Crystal, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies will help loosen up the tight and sore neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - You have tight points in your spine and other joint referred to as subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near Crystal, MN might incorporate the use of ultrasounds, which can minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by fostering healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to loosen tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable Crystal, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Care for your future self by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. Begin your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Crystal, MN. Book an appointment online now.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment near Crystal, MN: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Get expert whiplash treatment from trusted Crystal, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Crystal, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the underlying source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Crystal, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.