Work Injury Treatment in Crystal, MN
Work injury treatment in Crystal, MN. Have you been injured at work? Is your movement health being affected by chronic pain or other symptoms? Do you want to feel better but are hesitant about surgery or prescription medicine? Total Spine is here to help.
In addition to the limitations and pain a work injury comes with, it also limits how you can support for your Crystal, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for people who are suffering a variety of issues throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just back pain. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your overall wellness to ensure that you not only return to work, but stay there. For safe and effective work injury treatment in Crystal, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or request an appointment.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In Crystal, MN Treat?
Generally, work injuries fall into one of four categories:
- Repetitive stress injuries — These occur from carrying out the same motions for long periods of time, day in and day out. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from using a keyboard all day, axial back pain from being in the same position throughout your work day, or a frozen shoulder from more physically intensive employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more intensive physical activity, like construction or mining, can cause someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially if they're not properly trained or protected. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and common examples include disc injuries and injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Common injuries resulting from falls are sprains and strains, fractures, spinal misalignment, and nerve damage.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — The risk of being hit by a falling object is also higher in jobs like construction. Common injuries include contusions, fractures, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Professional chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but a variety of body parts and functional issues. If a brain injury causes persistent headaches, chiropractors can also provide significant headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Crystal, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial trigger points
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Crystal, MN?
Your work injury treatment from your Crystal, MN chiropractor will be based on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to get back to. We'll discuss what caused your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work with you to discover what's causing them. After we get to know you, we'll conduct a physical examination, and carry out what imaging tests or motion study analysis we think we need to. Then, we'll decide on your course of treatment. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries typically consists of chiropractic adjustments, also known as spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Spinal adjustments are done through a variety of chiropractic techniques that include quick and targeted thrusts to particular areas. A common misconception is that chiropractors "pop bones back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function correctly, and these thrusts release muscle tension. Spinal alignments help employees achieve optimal movement health and help your body function harmoniously with itself, and pain is relieved by relieving the stress a misalignment causes to the nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by smoothing out tight muscles and breaking down the scar tissue covering the site of an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy is proven to improve your mood, increase circulation, and offer countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll come up with a treatment plan that takes your overall health into account. We'll provide exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Crystal, MN go as smoothly as possible and improve your health in the future.
Crystal, MN Chiropractor: More Than Just Work Injury Treatment
Chiropractic care offers countless benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve how you feel and function every day. With our Crystal, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — Beyond just reducing pain, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, lower blood pressure, and can improve digestion and even improve brain activity.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about symptoms and how our bodies work in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and perform at work better than ever. We can help you with tips for lifting and other ways to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is essential for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While chiropractors are associated with the back and spine, an experienced chiropractor will also know how to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a deep knowledge of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "wellness" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps relieve any stress your line of work may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. A lot of our Crystal, MN work injury patients schedule maintenance once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
Based on research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees missed less time away from work when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries who first seek out a medical doctor have a 42.7% chance of having surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also reduces the use of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care is a preferred option because it focuses on the underlying issue instead of merely masking symptoms.
How Do I Pay For My Work Injury Treatment in Crystal, MN
Under Minnesota Law, employers are required to provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt on the job and chiropractic visits are covered under workers' compensation. They also need to pay for transportation costs (gas miles, Uber or Lyft, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Generally, workers in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To learn why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Crystal, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our client testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other services we offer in Crystal, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Trust in Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Crystal, MN
Our goals are simple: provide quick pain relief, boost your overall health, and help our Crystal, MN communities understand the remarkable benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online for your work injury treatment in Crystal, MN.