Migraine Treatment near Fridley, MN
Migraine Treatment near Fridley, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you know how dire it is to find effective Fridley, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of people in the United States including Fridley, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. Many Fridley, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Fridley, MN may be the answer.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Fridley, MN chiropractic team offers private, individualized care in a clean and modern offices. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with a specialist or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Fridley, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by severe headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Fridley, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you turn to our Fridley, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Fridley, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, considering your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six US citizens have experienced migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading reason for visits to the emergency room.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults under the age of 44.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who experience migraines have been debilitated or unable to get out of bed due to the severity of their migraines.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion in lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Fridley, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, you may benefit from Fridley, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Feeling tired and/or confused
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode consists of four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all four stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at once. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Fridley, MN: Knowing Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in search of migraine treatment that works, you can also benefit from learning what you can do to prevent the onset of migraines in the meantime. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Fridley, MN to get a complete picture of your migraines and how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Fridley, MN area take a personalized approach to caring for every patient.
If you live in constant anticipation of the next migraine that will knock you off your feet, act now and get migraine treatment from a professional near Fridley, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to reduce the frequency of attacks by figuring out the triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Skipping meals
- Consumption of some foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Changes in sleep patterns, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Fridley, MN
When you trust our Fridley, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that may be effective treat your migraines. We will work closely with you to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible Fridley, MN migraine treatment.
Below are some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Fridley, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by impacting blood flow in the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Fridley, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Fridley, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing in the treatment of every patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Fridley, MN.
As always, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What worked well for one person may not be effective for you. It is important that you check with a chiropractic doctor or speak to your primary care physician before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Fridley, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on providing custom, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Fridley, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Chiropractor Near Me
Get Migraine Treatment near Fridley, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be an excellent solution. Our Fridley, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen a lot of success in alleviating the symptoms and reducing the onset of episodes for countless Fridley, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Fridley, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.