Whiplash Treatment in Fridley, MN
Whiplash Treatment Fridley, MN. While we do not know the exact count, whiplash injuries affect more than one million people annually in the United States alone. Though many of whiplash injuries can heal with minimal medical care, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the Fridley, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Fridley, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Fridley, MN with the clinical experience and practical knowledge to safely and effectively treat your whiplash injury at its source instead of simply temporarily covering up your symptoms. Protect yourself from decades of pain, limitations, and other significant complications by getting Fridley, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. Call us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Fridley, MN today.
Who needs whiplash treatment in Fridley, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Fridley, MN whiplash treatment. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue neck injury that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may notice soreness for a handful of days or could suffer from long-term pain or significant complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to determine if you need Fridley, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are dealing with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment decision. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by familiarizing yourself with the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
Whiplash is most commonly a result of:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other traffic accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are whiplash and other neck injuries. These injuries actually most often take place during crashes that happen at speeds under 25 miles per hour, with whiplash injuries resulting from crashes at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports in which the body can start or stop traveling suddenly, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, whiplash sports injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our Fridley, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured because of some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can result in tragic, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Fridley, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, can also cause whiplash injuries.
This is not a complete list of whiplash causes. In any event, if any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head forward and backward, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to determine whether whiplash treatment like Fridley, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
If you have a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Neck soreness
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and ability to concentrate, or tinnitus. If you experience symptoms like these, work with your Fridley, MN chiropractor or another doctor to get the best possible care for your whiplash symptoms.
For many, whiplash symptoms are manageable and resolve naturally with time. These patients may choose to look to home whiplash treatment strategies like heat/cold applications and OTC anti-inflammatory pain relievers. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Fridley, MN if symptoms get worse after initially getting better or persist more than two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they disrupt your daily life, you should make an appointment from our Fridley, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor today. It is also important to seek whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you have developed chronic whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are alarmingly prevalent for people with whiplash injuries. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms seventeen years later. Your potential for recovering completely and avoiding a lifetime of pain and other conditions is heavily dependent upon getting prompt, tailored whiplash treatment in Fridley, MN as soon as possible after being injured. Contact the Fridley, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center to receive skilled attention for your whiplash injury right away.
Fridley, MN Whiplash Treatment
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Fridley, MN that is catered to your injury and personal goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment professional in Fridley, MN whom you trust and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Fridley, MN provides targeted, chiropractic care performed by practiced medical professionals in our private, modern, and clean office settinge. Request an appointment for Fridley, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors immediately.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include heat or ice applications, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care is distinct in that it addresses the underlying cause of the whiplash injury rather than treating or temporarily masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats patients of all ages with a wide variety of needs, goals, and conditions near Fridley, MN. The Total Spine Fridley, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays informed on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and draws from years of specialized education and clinical experience to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Fridley, MN whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to increase blood flow and range of motion while eliminating pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Fridley, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies will help release tightness and soreness in the neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your Fridley, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor might employ ultrasounds, which can minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by encouraging better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can reduce tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable Fridley, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Do your future self a favor by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. Begin your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Fridley, MN. Schedule an appointment online now.
Leading Fridley, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Receive expert whiplash treatment from trusted Fridley, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Fridley, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the root cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Fridley, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.