Migraine Treatment near Greenfield, MN
Migraine Treatment near Greenfield, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you know how dire it is to access effective Greenfield, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of people in the United States including Greenfield, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. If you have migraines in Greenfield, MN and have tried multiple treatment methods with little success, you are not alone. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Greenfield, MN may be the answer.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Greenfield, MN offers private, personalized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to a specialist or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Greenfield, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Greenfield, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you seek migraine treatment from our Greenfield, MN chiropractors, your Greenfield, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, considering your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- In any given 3 month period, it is estimated that one out of 5 women and one out of six people in the United States suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading reason for emergency room visits.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, low-income households, and adults under the age of 44.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who live with migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity annually
Migraine Treatment in Greenfield, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, you may be a good candidate for Greenfield, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Changes in how you see, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Feeling tired and/or confused
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode consists of four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all distinct stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage concurrently. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Greenfield, MN: Knowing Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in search of migraine treatment that works, you can also benefit from learning what actions you can take to avoid the onset of migraines in the meantime. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Greenfield, MN to get a complete picture of your migraines and how to treat them. Our Greenfield, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to treating each patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, act now and find a migraine treatment professional near Greenfield, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may find that you can reduce the recurrence of attacks by identifying triggers that bring on attacks.
- Bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Skipping meals
- Consumption of some foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Changes in sleep patterns, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Greenfield, MN
Your Greenfield, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that could be effective treat your migraines. We take the time to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible Greenfield, MN migraine treatment.
Below are a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Greenfield, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by improving blood flow throughout the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Greenfield, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Greenfield, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing in the treatment of every patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Greenfield, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What worked well for one person may not be the right choice for you. Be safe and make sure to consult with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care doctor before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Greenfield, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on providing custom, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Greenfield, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Chiropractor Near Me
Get Migraine Treatment near Greenfield, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be incredibly helpful. Our Greenfield, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen great success in managing the symptoms and minimizing the onset of episodes for countless Greenfield, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Greenfield, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.