Migraine Treatment near Greenfield, MN
Migraine Treatment near Greenfield, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you know how dire it is to access effective Greenfield, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of Americans including Greenfield, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. If you have migraines in Greenfield, MN and have tried multiple treatment methods with little success, you are not alone. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Greenfield, MN may be the answer.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Greenfield, MN offers private, individualized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable offices. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with our team or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Greenfield, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the resulting restriction of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Greenfield, MN migraine treatment. When you turn to our Greenfield, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Greenfield, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
One billion people in the world have migraines.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six Americans have suffered migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four cause of visits to the emergency room.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, low-income households, and young and middle aged adults up to 44 years of age.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who experience migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity each year
Migraine Treatment in Greenfield, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, chiropractic migraine treatment in Greenfield, MN may be right for you.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode is broken into four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all four stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at once. Auras are not incredibly common, experienced by around 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in Greenfield, MN: Identifying Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, it is also beneficial to learn about anything actions you can take to prevent the onset of migraines in the meantime. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Greenfield, MN to get a complete picture of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Our Greenfield, MN migraine treatment doctor takes a personalized approach to treating every patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, it is important to get migraine treatment from a professional near Greenfield, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may find that you can alleviate the frequency of attacks by identifying triggers that bring on attacks.
- Bright lights
- Extreme temperatures
- Changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Skipping meals
- Consumption of some foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Changes in sleep patterns, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Greenfield, MN
When you trust our Greenfield, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that could be effective in addressing the source of your migraines. We take the time to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the best possible Greenfield, MN migraine treatment.
Learn about a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Greenfield, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by improving blood flow in the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Greenfield, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Greenfield, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing when treating a patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will put together a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Greenfield, MN.
As always, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What worked well for one person may not be the right choice for you. It is important that you check with a chiropractor or speak to your primary care physician before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Greenfield, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on offering private, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Greenfield, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Greenfield, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be incredibly helpful. Our Greenfield, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen great success in alleviating the symptoms and minimizing the onset of attacks for countless Greenfield, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Greenfield, MN offer safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.