Whiplash Treatment in Greenfield, MN
Whiplash Treatment Greenfield, MN. While we do not know the exact count, whiplash injuries affect at least one million people annually in the United States alone. Though the majority of whiplash injuries are mild, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Greenfield, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Greenfield, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Greenfield, MN with the clinical experience and practical knowledge to offer care that addresses your whiplash injury at its source instead of only temporarily covering up your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to decades of pain, limitations, and other significant problems by getting Greenfield, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. talk to us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Greenfield, MN today.
Who needs whiplash treatment in Greenfield, MN?
You may need Greenfield, MN whiplash treatment if you were subject to a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue neck injury caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may notice a few days of soreness in the neck or could develop long-term pain or serious complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is vital to get medical attention to find out if you need Greenfield, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are living with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment option. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other motor vehicle accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are whiplash and other neck injuries. These injuries actually most often occur in lower speed crashes under 25 miles per hour, with whiplash injuries resulting from crashes at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports where the body can abruptly stop or start moving by force, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, whiplash sports injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Greenfield, MN because of some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can result in tragic, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Greenfield, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, may also result in whiplash injuries.
This is not an exhaustive list of whiplash causes. In any event, if your head and neck were abruptly thrown back and forth, you might have a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you determine if you need Greenfield, MN chiropractic care for whiplash treatment.
If you have a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Neck soreness
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you begin to notice symptoms like these, work with your Greenfield, MN chiropractor or another doctor to get the best possible treatment for your whiplash symptoms.
For many, whiplash symptoms are mild to moderate and resolve naturally with time. These patients may choose to try home whiplash treatment strategies like using heat and OTC pharmaceuticals. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Greenfield, MN if symptoms get worse after initially getting better or continue beyond two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they disrupt your daily life, you should request an appointment from our Greenfield, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor today. You should also seek chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you have developed chronic whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are inordinately common for people with whiplash injuries, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your potential for recovering completely and preventing a lifetime of pain and debilitating symptoms is decided in part by whether you get quick, proven whiplash treatment in Greenfield, MN at your earliest opportunity after being injured. Contact the Greenfield, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center for skilled attention for your whiplash injury right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Greenfield, MN
Your Greenfield, MN whiplash treatment plan should be written for your needs, goals, and characteristics of your injury. You need a whiplash treatment professional in Greenfield, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Greenfield, MN who have been injured with modern, evidence-based treatment practices performed by seasoned treatment providers in a safe, private, clean facilitye. Make an appointment for Greenfield, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors now.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as heat or ice applications, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care often successfully addresses the route of the whiplash injury as opposed to treating or masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats patients of all ages with a wide variety of needs, priorities, and conditions near Greenfield, MN. The Total Spine Greenfield, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays informed on the latest accepted chiropractic practices and draws from years of specialized education and clinical experience to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Greenfield, MN whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to increase blood flow and range of motion while eliminating pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Greenfield, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises can be used to loosen up the tight and sore joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your Greenfield, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor might employ ultrasounds, which can minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by fostering better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to reduce tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable Greenfield, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Do your future self a favor by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Greenfield, MN. Schedule an appointment online now.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment near Greenfield, MN: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Get quality whiplash treatment from trusted Greenfield, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Greenfield, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the root cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Greenfield, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.