Work Injury Treatment in Greenfield, MN
Work injury treatment in Greenfield, MN. Did you sustain an injury on the job? Is your movement health being affected by back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you want to feel better but are worried about surgery or prescription drugs? Chiropractic care is your solution.
In addition to the physical pain a work injury causes, it also impacts how you can provide for your Greenfield, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for workers who are dealing with a variety of injuries throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just injuries involving the back and neck. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your wellness so that you can both get back to work and stay there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Greenfield, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or request an appointment.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In Greenfield, MN Treat?
Generally, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Repetitive motion injuries — These occur from performing the same movements for long periods of time, day in and day out. Examples are carpal tunnel from using a keyboard all day, axial back pain from standing all day, or a disc injury from lifting or other, heavier employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require strenuous physical activity, like construction or mining, can lead someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially without sufficient training or preparation. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third most common work injury. Common injuries resulting from falls are sprains and strains, broken bones, spinal injuries, and nerve damage.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — The risk of being hit by a falling object is also higher in jobs like construction. Examples of injuries include lesions, fractures, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Experienced chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but throughout the body. If a brain injury leads you to have persistent migraines, chiropractic care can also offer long-term headache relief.
Work injuries we have helped workers found relief for in Greenfield, MN include:
- Spinal issues
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial pain
What Can a Chiropractor Do For My Work Injuries in Greenfield, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Greenfield, MN will be based on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to achieve. We'll go over the events surrounding your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work backwards to find out the root cause. After a discussion, we'll conduct a physical examination, and conduct what imaging tests or motion study analysis we think we need to. Then, we'll develop your treatment plan. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries generally consists of chiropractic adjustments, also called spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Spinal manipulations are done through numerous chiropractic techniques that involve short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. A common misconception is that chiropractors "pop joints back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and these thrusts release muscle tension. Chiropractic alignments help employees reach optimal functionality and ensure your body is working as a successful whole, and pain is relieved by freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by encouraging blood flow to and relieving tight muscles and breaking down the scar tissue caused by an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy is proven to reduce stress, increase circulation, and offer innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we believe in taking a holistic view to our patients' health. We'll offer exercise, nutrition, and other suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Greenfield, MN go as quickly as it can and improve your health down the road.
Greenfield, MN Chiropractor: More Than Just Work Injury Treatment
Chiropractic care offers a wide array of benefits that not only help in work injury treatment, but improve how you feel everyday. With our services in Greenfield, MN, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — Beyond just reducing pain, chiropractic care can help range of motion, lower blood pressure, and can improve digestion and even increase brain activity.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about injuries and how our bodies work in order to stay healthy and feel better at work than you did before your injuries. We'll teach you about tips for lifting and other ways to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is imperative for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While chiropractors are associated with the back and spine, a licensed chiropractor will also know how to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a thorough understanding of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves in your back apply to the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "wellness" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps protect your body from the physical stress of your job. A lot of our Greenfield, MN work injury patients end up coming in for regular visits after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
According to research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers were able to return to work more quickly under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. We can't make broken bones suddenly come back together, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it addresses the root cause instead of merely masking symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Greenfield, MN
Under Minnesota Law, employers are required to provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt at work and chiropractic visits are included in workers' compensation. They also need to pay for travel expenses (gas miles, Uber or Lyft, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
In most cases, injured employees in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to see. To learn why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Greenfield, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our patient testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Greenfield, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Greenfield, MN
We have three main goals: provide safe pain relief, boost your long-term health, and help our Greenfield, MN communities discover the wonderful benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online for your work injury treatment in Greenfield, MN.