Migraine Treatment near Hopkins, MN
Migraine Treatment near Hopkins, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you know how dire it is to access effective Hopkins, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of people in the United States including Hopkins, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. If you have migraines in Hopkins, MN and have tried multiple treatment methods with little success, you are not alone. Seeing a chiropractor in Hopkins, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Hopkins, MN offers private, individualized care in a clean and modern offices. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to a specialist or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Hopkins, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which explains why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Hopkins, MN migraine treatment. When you turn to our Hopkins, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Hopkins, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six US citizens have suffered migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading reason for seeking emergency medical care.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, low-income households, and young and middle aged adults under the age of 44.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of people who experience migraines have been unable to function or unable to get out of bed due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion in lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Hopkins, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
There are a variety of different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, chiropractic migraine treatment in Hopkins, MN may be right for you.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets stronger when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Feeling tired and/or confused
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
A migraine attack is characterized by four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all four stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Hopkins, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in search of migraine treatment that works, it is also beneficial to learn about anything you can do to avoid the onset of migraines in the meantime. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Hopkins, MN to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Our Hopkins, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to treating each patient.
If you live in constant fear of when the next debilitating migraine will strike, act now and get migraine treatment from a professional near Hopkins, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may find that you can reduce the recurrence of attacks by identifying factors that trigger attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe heat or cold
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Skipping meals
- Consumption of some foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Changes in sleep patterns, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Hopkins, MN
When you trust our Hopkins, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that may be effective in addressing the source of your migraines. We take the time to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the Hopkins, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Below are a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Hopkins, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by improving blood flow throughout the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Hopkins, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Hopkins, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing when treating a patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will put together a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Hopkins, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What worked well for one person may not be the right choice for you. Be safe and make sure to consult with a chiropractor or speak to your primary care doctor before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Hopkins, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on providing private, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Hopkins, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Hopkins, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be an excellent solution. Our Hopkins, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen a lot of success in alleviating the symptoms and preventing the onset of attacks for countless Hopkins, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Hopkins, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.