Migraine Treatment near Hopkins, MN
Migraine Treatment near Hopkins, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you know how dire it is to find effective Hopkins, MN migraine treatment. Migraines can be debilitating and affect millions of people in the US every year. If you have migraines in Hopkins, MN and have not had success with the many solutions you have tried, you are not alone. Seeing a chiropractor in Hopkins, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Hopkins, MN chiropractic team offers private, individualized care in a clean and modern offices. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to a specialist or booking your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Hopkins, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Hopkins, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you turn to our Hopkins, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Hopkins, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, considering your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- In any given 3 month period, approximately one out of 5 women and one out of six people in the United States suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading reason for emergency room visits.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults under the age of 44.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who experience migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Hopkins, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
There are a variety of different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, chiropractic migraine treatment in Hopkins, MN may be right for you.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets worse when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Feeling tired and/or confused
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
A migraine attack is characterized by four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all four stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage at once. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Hopkins, MN: Identifying Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in search of migraine treatment that works, you can also benefit from learning about anything actions you can take to prevent the onset of migraines in the meantime. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Hopkins, MN, you will get to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Our Hopkins, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to caring for each patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, it is important to find a migraine treatment professional near Hopkins, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may find that you can alleviate the recurrence of attacks by identifying triggers that bring on attacks.
- Bright lights
- Extreme heat or cold
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Expending physical energy
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Certain foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Sleep pattern variations, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Hopkins, MN
When you trust our Hopkins, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that could help in addressing the source of your migraines. We will work closely with you to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible Hopkins, MN migraine treatment.
Learn about some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Hopkins, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by impacting blood flow in the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Hopkins, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Hopkins, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors when treating a patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Hopkins, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What worked well for one person may not be the right choice for you. Be safe and make sure to check with a chiropractor or speak to your primary care doctor before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Hopkins, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in providing private, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Hopkins, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Chiropractor Near Me
Get Migraine Treatment near Hopkins, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent solution. Our Hopkins, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen great success in alleviating the symptoms and preventing the onset of episodes for countless Hopkins, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Hopkins, MN offer safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.