Work Injury Treatment in Hopkins, MN
Work injury treatment in Hopkins, MN. Have you been injured on the job? Is your movement health being impacted by back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to get back to work but are hesitant about invasive procedures or prescription medicine? Total Spine is here to help.
In addition to the physical pain a work injury comes with, it also limits your ability to support for your Hopkins, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for employers who are dealing with a variety of issues throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just back pain. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your health to ensure that you can both get back to work and stay there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Hopkins, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In Hopkins, MN Treat?
Typically, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Overuse injuries — These occur from performing the same motions for weeks, months, or years. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from working on a computer all day, non-specific back pain from standing all day, or a pinched nerve in your back from more physically intensive employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that are more physically active, like landscaping or agriculture that require lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying can cause acute injuries. Overexertion injuries are are responsible for the second most missed days from work, and common examples include disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Common injuries resulting from falls are ligament injuries, fractures, spinal injuries, back pain, and neck pain.
- Falling object injuries — The risk of being hit by a falling object is also higher in professionals like construction. Examples of injuries include lesions, fractures, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Professional chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but throughout the body. If a brain injury causes persistent headaches, chiropractic care can also provide significant headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Hopkins, MN include:
- Spinal issues
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial trigger points
What Can a Chiropractor Do For My Work Injuries in Hopkins, MN?
How we treat your injuries in Hopkins, MN will depend on the nature of your injury, nature of your job and lifestyle, your medical history. We'll go over the events surrounding your injury, or if you don't know what's causing your symptoms, work backwards to find out the root problem. After our initial talk, we'll perform a physical examination, and perform what X-rays or motion study analysis we find necessary. Then, we'll decide on your course of treatment. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries typically consists of chiropractic adjustments, also referred to as spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Spinal manipulations are carried out by numerous chiropractic techniques that involve quick and targeted thrusts to particular areas. A common misconception is that chiropractors "pop bones back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and chiropractors release muscle tension. Chiropractic manipulations help employees achieve optimal functionality and help your body function as a successful whole, and symptoms are relieved by freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by encouraging blood flow to and relieving soft tissue and encourage the breakdown of scar tissue caused by an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy is proven to improve your mood, improve blood flow, and offer countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll develop a treatment plan that takes your overall health into account. We'll offer exercise, nutrition, and other suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Hopkins, MN go as smoothly as possible and improve your long-term health.
What Our Chiropractic Care Offers For Your Work Injury Treatment in Hopkins, MN
Chiropractors offer innumerable benefits that not only help in work injury treatment, but improve how you feel and function every day. With our Hopkins, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — Beyond just reducing pain, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, lower blood pressure, and can improve sleep and even increase brain function.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your symptoms and how you can achieve optimal functionality in order to stay healthy and perform at work better than ever. We can help you with tips for lifting and other ways to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is imperative for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for extremities — While chiropractors are usually thought of in relation to the back and spine, a licensed chiropractor will also know how to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a thorough understanding of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves in your back are true for the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "wellness" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you stay at optimal health and can protect your body from the physical stress of your line of work. A lot of our Hopkins, MN work injury patients end up coming in for regular visits after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
Based on a study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers were able to return to work more quickly under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries whose first point of contact is a medical doctor have a 42.7% chance of having surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also reduces the need of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it tackles the root cause instead of merely masking symptoms.
How Do I Pay For My Work Injury Treatment in Hopkins, MN
Because of Minnesota Law, employers are legally obligated to provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt on the job and chiropractic visits are included in workers' compensation. That includes covering costs related to travel (gas miles, Uber or Lyft, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Usually, workers in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to see. To see why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Hopkins, MN, check out our 5-Star rating on Google, our client testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Hopkins, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Hopkins, MN
We have three main goals: provide quick pain relief, improve your total wellness, and help our Hopkins, MN friends and family understand the extraordinary benefits of chiropractic care. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online for your work injury treatment in Hopkins, MN.