Whiplash Treatment in Hopkins, MN
Whiplash Treatment Hopkins, MN. While we do not know the exact count, whiplash injuries happen to more than one million people every year in the US alone. While the majority of whiplash injuries can heal with minimal medical care, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Hopkins, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
The Hopkins, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to offer care that treats your whiplash injury at its source rather than only temporarily covering up your symptoms. Protect yourself from decades of pain, disability, and other significant problems; get Hopkins, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. Reach us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Hopkins, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Hopkins, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Hopkins, MN whiplash treatment. The term whiplash describes a soft tissue injury to the neck that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may notice soreness for a handful of days or could suffer from long-term pain or serious complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is critical to seek medical attention to determine if you need Hopkins, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are dealing with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment decision. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
Common whiplash causes include:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are whiplash and other neck injuries. These injuries actually most often take place during lower speed crashes of 25 miles per hour or less. Whiplash injuries can happen in collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports where the body can abruptly stop or start moving by force, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, these kinds of whiplash injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Hopkins, MN because of some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by an accident, an altercation, or domestic violence attacks when the victim is pushed, punched, or shaken. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can lead to tragic, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Hopkins, MN chiropractors have cared for young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, can also result in whiplash injuries.
This is not a complete list of whiplash causes. In any event, if any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head back and forth, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to determine if you need Hopkins, MN chiropractic care for whiplash treatment.
After getting a whiplash injury, you may experience symptoms like:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you begin to notice symptoms like these, work with your Hopkins, MN chiropractor or another doctor to get the best possible care for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are mild to moderate and dissipate naturally with time. These patients should try home whiplash treatment strategies like heat/cold applications and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Hopkins, MN if symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or persist longer than two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly affect your ability to enjoy life, you should make whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor immediately. You should also receive whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are alarmingly common for people with whiplash injuries, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your ability to move on from this injury and avoiding years of chronic pain and other symptoms is heavily dependent upon getting quick, efficacious whiplash treatment in Hopkins, MN right away after sustaining your injury. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Hopkins, MN whiplash treatment providers for help addressing your whiplash injury right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Hopkins, MN
Your Hopkins, MN whiplash treatment plan should be catered to your needs, goals, and characteristics of your injury. You need a whiplash treatment doctor in Hopkins, MN whom you trust and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Hopkins, MN who have been injured with modern, chiropractic care performed by reputable medical providers in our private, modern, and clean facilitye. Request an appointment for Hopkins, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors immediately.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as ice and heat, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care is distinct in that it addresses the route of the whiplash injury rather than treating or temporarily masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats patients of all ages with a wide variety of needs, priorities, and physical complaints near Hopkins, MN. Our Hopkins, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays ahead on the latest accepted chiropractic practices and draws from years of specialized education and clinical experience to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Hopkins, MN whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion and reduce pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Hopkins, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises will help loosen up tightness and soreness in the neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - You have tight points in your spine and other joint referred to as subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near Hopkins, MN may incorporate the use of ultrasounds, which has been shown to minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by promoting healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can reduce tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable Hopkins, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Care for your future self by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. Take the first step toward your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Hopkins, MN. Make an appointment online right away.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment near Hopkins, MN: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Get quality whiplash treatment from leading Hopkins, MN area chiropractors after sustaining a whiplash injury in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Hopkins, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the underlying source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Hopkins, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.