Migraine Treatment near Maple Plain, MN
Migraine Treatment near Maple Plain, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you know how dire it is to access effective Maple Plain, MN migraine treatment. Migraines , which can be so severe as to cause disability and disfunction, affect millions of people in the US every year. Many Maple Plain, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Seeing a chiropractor in Maple Plain, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our Maple Plain, MN chiropractic team provides private, individualized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to a specialist or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Maple Plain, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which explains why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Maple Plain, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you turn to our Maple Plain, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Maple Plain, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, considering your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six US citizens have suffered migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading reason for seeking emergency medical care.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, low-income households, and young and middle aged adults up to 44 years of age.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who experience migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity each year
Migraine Treatment in Maple Plain, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
There are numerous different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, chiropractic migraine treatment in Maple Plain, MN may be right for you.
- Intense throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets stronger with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Feeling drained
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Stiff or tender neck
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode is characterized by four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
A migraine does not always present all four stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at once. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Maple Plain, MN: Knowing Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, you can also benefit from learning about anything actions you can take to avoid the onset of migraines in the meantime. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near Maple Plain, MN, you will get to get a complete picture of your migraines and how to treat them. Our Maple Plain, MN migraine treatment doctor takes a personalized approach to treating every patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, act now and find a migraine treatment professional near Maple Plain, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to alleviate the frequency of attacks by identifying factors that trigger attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe heat or cold
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Consumption of some foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Maple Plain, MN
When you trust our Maple Plain, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that could help in addressing the source of your migraines. We take the time to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible Maple Plain, MN migraine treatment.
Learn about some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Maple Plain, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by impacting blood flow in the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Maple Plain, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Maple Plain, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors when treating a patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Maple Plain, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What was effective for one person may not be effective for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care physician before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Maple Plain, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in providing custom, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Maple Plain, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Maple Plain, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be incredibly helpful. Our Maple Plain, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen great success in managing the symptoms and preventing the onset of episodes for countless Maple Plain, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Maple Plain, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.