Work Injury Treatment in Maple Plain, MN
Work injury treatment in Maple Plain, MN. Did you suffer an injury on the job? Is your movement health being impacted by back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you want to feel better but are hesitant about surgery or prescription medicine? Total Spine is here to help.
In addition to the limitations and pain a work injury comes with, it also impacts your ability to support for your Maple Plain, MN family. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for workers who are suffering a variety of injuries affecting any body part, not just symptoms affecting the spine. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your long-term health to ensure that you can both return to work and stay there. For safe and effective work injury treatment in Maple Plain, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In Maple Plain, MN Treat?
Typically, work injuries fall into one of four categories:
- Overuse injuries — These occur from performing the same motions for weeks, months, or years. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from working on a computer all day, axial back pain from standing throughout your work day, or a frozen shoulder from lifting or other, heavier employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more intensive physical activity, like construction or mining that require lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying can cause acute injuries. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Injuries can include sprains and strains, fractures, spinal misalignment, back pain, and neck pain.
- Falling object injuries — Jobs that entail heavy machinery put workers at increased risk of being struck by a falling object. Examples of injuries include lesions, broken bones, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Professional chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but soft tissue and brain injuries, and anything else that affects the muscles and nervous system. If a brain injury leads you to have persistent migraines, chiropractic care can also provide significant headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Maple Plain, MN include:
- Spinal issues
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial trigger points
What Can Chiropractic Care Do For My Work Injuries in Maple Plain, MN?
Your work injury treatment from your Maple Plain, MN chiropractor will depend on the nature of your injury, nature of your job and lifestyle, your medical history. We'll discuss the events surrounding your injury, or if you don't know how your injuries happen, work with you to discover the root cause. After our initial talk, we'll carry out a physical examination, and do what X-rays or motion study analysis we find necessary. Then, we'll develop your treatment plan. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries typically includes chiropractic adjustments, also known as spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Spinal manipulations are carried out by over a dozen different chiropractic techniques that involve short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. A common mischaracterization is that chiropractors "push joints back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function correctly, and these thrusts let out muscle tension. Chiropractic manipulations help workers achieve optimal movement health and ensure your body is functioning in concert, and pain is relieved through relieving the stress a misalignment causes to the nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by encouraging blood flow to and relieving soft tissue and breaking down the scar tissue caused by an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy has been demonstrated to reduce stress, increase circulation, and offer innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we look at your total health and wellness. We'll provide exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Maple Plain, MN go as smoothly as it can and improve your long-term health.
What Our Chiropractic Care Offers For Your Work Injury Treatment in Maple Plain, MN
Chiropractic care offers innumerable benefits that not only help in work injury treatment, but improve your overall life. With our services in Maple Plain, MN, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — In addition to dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can help range of motion, lower blood pressure, and give you more energy and even increase brain activity.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your symptoms and how you can achieve optimal movement health in order to stay healthy and perform at work better than ever. We'll teach you about posture correction and other useful strategies to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is essential for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, an experienced chiropractor will also be able to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a deep knowledge of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "preventive" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps protect your body from the physical stress of your line of work. A lot of our Maple Plain, MN work injury patients schedule regular visits once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
How Does Chiropractic Compare to Other Work Injury Treatment Options?
Based on research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees were able to return to work more quickly under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries who first seek out a medical doctor have a 42.7% chance of having surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also reduces the need of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. We can't make broken bones suddenly come back together, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it addresses the underlying issue instead of merely treating symptoms.
How Do I Pay For My Work Injury Treatment in Maple Plain, MN
Because of Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers are required to provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt at work through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. They also need to cover costs related to travel (gas miles, Uber or Lyft, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Usually, injured employees in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to see. To learn why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Maple Plain, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our patient testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Maple Plain, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Trust in Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Maple Plain, MN
We have three main goals: provide safe pain relief, improve your long-term wellness, and help our Maple Plain, MN friends and family discover the remarkable benefits of chiropractic care. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online for your work injury treatment in Maple Plain, MN.