Whiplash Treatment in Maple Plain, MN
Whiplash Treatment Maple Plain, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries happen to more than one million people annually in the US alone. While many of these cases can heal with minimal medical care, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the Maple Plain, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
The Maple Plain, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and empirical knowledge to safely and effectively treat your whiplash injury at its source instead of only masking your symptoms. Protect yourself from decades of pain, disability, and other significant problems; get Maple Plain, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. Reach us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Maple Plain, MN today.
Who needs whiplash treatment in Maple Plain, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Maple Plain, MN whiplash treatment. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue neck injury that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may experience as little as soreness for a handful of days or could suffer from long-term pain or significant complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to find out whether a whiplash treatment plan is necessary for your recovery in Maple Plain, MN.
If you are dealing with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment decision. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by learning about the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
Common whiplash causes include:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other motor vehicle accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are whiplash and other neck injuries. The majority of whiplash car accidents occur in crashes that happen at speeds under 25 miles per hour, with whiplash injuries resulting from crashes at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports where the body may start or stop traveling suddenly, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, these kinds of whiplash injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our Maple Plain, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured due to some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can cause tragic, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Maple Plain, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, can also result in whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. If any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head back and forth, you might have a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you determine whether whiplash treatment like Maple Plain, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
After getting a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you experience symptoms like these, look to your Maple Plain, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the proper treatment for your whiplash symptoms.
For many, whiplash symptoms are mild to moderate and dissipate naturally with time. These patients should look to home whiplash treatment strategies like using heat and over-the-counter anti-inflammatory pain relievers. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Maple Plain, MN if your symptoms get worse after initially getting better or persist longer than two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they disrupt your daily life, you should request an appointment from our Maple Plain, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor today. It is also important to seek chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you have developed chronic whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are alarmingly prevalent among whiplash victims, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your ability to move on from this injury and avoiding years of chronic pain and debilitating conditions is decided in part by whether you get quick, effective whiplash treatment in Maple Plain, MN at your earliest opportunity after being injured. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Maple Plain, MN whiplash treatment providers for help addressing your whiplash condition right away.
Maple Plain, MN Whiplash Treatment
Your Maple Plain, MN whiplash treatment plan should be personalized to your injury and personal goals. You need a whiplash treatment doctor in Maple Plain, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Maple Plain, MN who have been injured with modern, evidence-based treatment practices performed by accomplished medical professionals in our private, modern, and clean facilitye. Schedule an appointment for Maple Plain, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors right away.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include heat or ice applications, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care often successfully addresses the underlying cause of the whiplash injury instead of merely masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats individuals young and old who have a wide range of needs, priorities, and physical complaints near Maple Plain, MN. The Total Spine Maple Plain, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays ahead on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and draws from extensive education and clinical experience to provide the best possible chiropractic care. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Chiropractor Near Me
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Maple Plain, MN whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to increase blood flow and range of motion and reduce pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Maple Plain, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies will help loosen up tightness and soreness in the neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near Maple Plain, MN may employ ultrasounds, which has been shown to reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by fostering healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to loosen tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable Maple Plain, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Care for your future self by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Maple Plain, MN. Schedule an appointment online now.
Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment near Maple Plain, MN: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Get quality whiplash treatment from leading Maple Plain, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Maple Plain, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the root source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Maple Plain, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.