Migraine Treatment near Minneapolis, MN
Migraine Treatment near Minneapolis, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to access effective Minneapolis, MN migraine treatment. Migraines , which can be so severe as to cause disability and disfunction, affect millions of people in the US every year. Many Minneapolis, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Minneapolis, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Minneapolis, MN provides private, personalized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable setting. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with our team or booking your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Minneapolis, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by severe headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which explains why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the resulting narrowing of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Minneapolis, MN migraine treatment. When you turn to our Minneapolis, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Minneapolis, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, analyzing the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six US citizens have suffered migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading reason for seeking emergency medical care.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and adults up to 44 years of age.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who live with migraines have been debilitated or bed-ridden due to the severity of their migraines.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Minneapolis, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
There are numerous different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, you may benefit from Minneapolis, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Intrusive throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets worse with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Stiff or tender neck
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
A migraine attack consists of four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
A migraine does not always present all four stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Minneapolis, MN: Knowing Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, you can also benefit from learning what actions you can take to avoid migraine attacks from beginning. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Minneapolis, MN to get a complete picture of your migraines and how to treat them. Our Minneapolis, MN migraine treatment doctor takes an individualized approach to treating every patient.
If you live in constant fear of when the next debilitating migraine will strike, it is important to find a migraine treatment professional near Minneapolis, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to reduce the recurrence of attacks by identifying triggers that bring on attacks.
- Bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Expending physical energy
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Consumption of some foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Sleep pattern variations, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Minneapolis, MN
When you trust our Minneapolis, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that could be effective in addressing the source of your migraines. We take the time to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the Minneapolis, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Below are some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many Minneapolis, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by impacting blood flow in the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In Minneapolis, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Minneapolis, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing when treating a patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will put together a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Minneapolis, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What worked well for one person may not be effective for you. Be safe and make sure to check with a chiropractic doctor or speak to your primary care physician before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Minneapolis, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on offering custom, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Minneapolis, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Minneapolis, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be incredibly helpful. Our Minneapolis, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen a lot of success in alleviating the symptoms and reducing the onset of attacks for countless Minneapolis, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Minneapolis, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.