Whiplash Treatment in Minneapolis, MN
Whiplash Treatment Minneapolis, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries happen to more than one million people every year in the United States alone. While many of these cases are mild, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Minneapolis, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
The Minneapolis, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and empirical knowledge to offer care that treats your whiplash injury at its source rather than simply temporarily covering up your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to countless years of pain, limitations, and other significant problems by getting Minneapolis, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. talk to us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Minneapolis, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Minneapolis, MN?
You may need Minneapolis, MN whiplash treatment if you experienced a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue injury to the neck that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and can also be referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may notice soreness for a handful of days or could develop long-term pain or significant complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to find out if a whiplash treatment plan is necessary for your recovery in Minneapolis, MN.
If you are living with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment option. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by familiarizing yourself with whiplash causes and symptoms below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are whiplash and other neck injuries. These injuries actually most often take place during lower speed crashes of 25 miles per hour or less. Whiplash injuries can happen in collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports in which the body can abruptly stop or start moving by force, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, whiplash sports injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Minneapolis, MN because of some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can lead to tragic, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Minneapolis, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, may also result in whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. If any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head back and forth, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you figure out if you need Minneapolis, MN chiropractic care for whiplash treatment.
After getting a whiplash injury, you may experience these symptoms:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and ability to concentrate, or tinnitus. If you begin to notice such symptoms, look to your Minneapolis, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the best possible care for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are manageable and resolve naturally on their own. These patients may choose to try home whiplash treatment strategies like applying heat and OTC anti-inflammatory pain relievers. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Minneapolis, MN if symptoms get worse after initially getting better or persist more than two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they disrupt your daily life, you should request an appointment from our Minneapolis, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor today. You should also seek whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you have developed chronic whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are inordinately common for people with whiplash injuries. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms seventeen years later. Your ability to move on from this injury and avoiding years of chronic pain and debilitating symptoms is heavily dependent upon getting quick, efficacious whiplash treatment in Minneapolis, MN right away after sustaining your injury. Contact the Minneapolis, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center for skilled attention for your whiplash condition right away.
Whiplash Treatment in Minneapolis, MN
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Minneapolis, MN that is catered to your needs, goals, and characteristics of your injury. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment chiropractor in Minneapolis, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Minneapolis, MN who have been injured with targeted, chiropractic care from practiced medical professionals in our private, modern, and clean office settinge. Book an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading Minneapolis, MN chiropractor right away.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as ice and heat, anti-inflammatory or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and exercises or physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care often successfully treats the underlying cause of the whiplash injury as opposed to treating or temporarily masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats individuals young and old who have a wide range of needs, priorities, and conditions in the Minneapolis, MN area. The Total Spine Minneapolis, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays up to date on the latest accepted chiropractic practices and refers to extensive education and experience treating patients to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Minneapolis, MN whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion while eliminating stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Minneapolis, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises can be used to release the tight and sore joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near Minneapolis, MN might incorporate the use of ultrasound technology, which has been shown to reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by fostering better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to reduce tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable Minneapolis, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Do your future self a favor by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. Begin your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Minneapolis, MN. Make an appointment online as soon as you can.
Get Minneapolis, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Get expert whiplash treatment from leading Minneapolis, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Minneapolis, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the root cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Minneapolis, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.