Work Injury Treatment in Minneapolis, MN
Work injury treatment in Minneapolis, MN. Did you suffer an injury on the job? Are you suffering from back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you need to recover but are hesitant about surgery or prescription medicine? Total Spine is here to help.
In addition to the physical pain a work injury comes with, it also limits your ability to put food on the table for your Minneapolis, MN family. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for people who are suffering a variety of issues throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just injuries involving the back and neck. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your long-term wellness so that you can both return to work and stay there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Minneapolis, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In Minneapolis, MN Treat?
Typically, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Overuse injuries — These occur from carrying out the same movements for weeks, months, or years. Examples are carpal tunnel from desk work, axial back pain from standing all day, or a pinched nerve in your back from more physically intensive work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that are more physically active, like landscaping or agriculture that require lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying can cause acute injuries. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Common injuries resulting from falls are sprains and strains, broken bones, spinal injuries, and nerve damage.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — Jobs that entail heavy equipment put workers at higher risk of being struck by a falling object. Common injuries include contusions, fractures, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Licensed chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries not just affecting the back and spine, but a variety of body parts and functional issues. If a concussion leads you to have persistent headaches, chiropractors can also offer significant headache relief.
Work injuries we have helped employees recover from in Minneapolis, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial trigger points
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Minneapolis, MN?
Your work injury treatment from your Minneapolis, MN chiropractor will be based on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to achieve. We'll discuss what caused your injury, or if you don't know what's causing your symptoms, work backwards to discover what's causing them. After we get to know you, we'll do a physical examination, and perform what X-rays or motion study analysis we find necessary. Then, we'll develop your treatment plan. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries generally includes chiropractic adjustments, also known as spinal manipulation, and massage therapy.
Spinal adjustments are done through numerous chiropractic techniques that involve quick and targeted thrusts to certain areas. Contrary to general belief, chiropractors rarely "pop bones back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and chiropractors release muscle tension. In doing so, we help patients reach optimal range of motion and help your body work harmoniously with itself, and symptoms are relieved by relieving the stress a misalignment places on the nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by smoothing out soft tissue and encourage the breakdown of scar tissue caused by an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy has been demonstrated to improve your mood, increase blood flow, in addition to countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll develop a treatment plan based on improving your overall health. We'll provide exercise, nutrition, and other suggestions to help your work injury treatment in Minneapolis, MN go as quickly as possible and improve your long-term health.
What Our Chiropractic Care Offers For Your Work Injury Treatment in Minneapolis, MN
Chiropractors offer a wide range of benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve your overall life. With our Minneapolis, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — In addition to dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can help range of motion, reduce blood pressure, and can improve sleep and even improve brain activity.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your symptoms and how you can achieve optimal movement health in order to stay healthy and perform at work better than ever. We can help you with tips for lifting and other ways to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is essential for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for extremities — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, a licensed chiropractor will also be able to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a deep grasp of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves in your back are true for the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "wellness" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you stay at optimal health and can protect your body from the physical stress of your job. A lot of our Minneapolis, MN work injury patients schedule regular visits once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
How Does Chiropractic Compare to Medical and Osteopathic Work Injury Treatment?
Based on a study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees missed less time away from work when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries whose first point of contact is a medical doctor have a 42.7% likelihood of surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also decreases the use of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to build up the strength of weakened muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it tackles the underlying issue instead of merely treating symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Minneapolis, MN
Under Minnesota Law, employers must provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. That includes covering expenses related to travel (gas miles, taxis, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Generally, injured employees in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to see. To see why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Minneapolis, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our patient testimonials, or read why we think we're among the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other services we offer in Minneapolis, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Minneapolis, MN
We have three main goals: provide meaningful pain relief, improve your total wellness, and help our Minneapolis, MN friends and family discover the countless benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online for your work injury treatment in Minneapolis, MN.