Migraine Treatment near Minnetonka, MN
Migraine Treatment near Minnetonka, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to access effective Minnetonka, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of Americans including Minnetonka, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. If you have migraines in Minnetonka, MN and have not had success with the many solutions you have tried, you are not alone. Seeing a chiropractor in Minnetonka, MN may be the answer.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Minnetonka, MN offers private, individualized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable offices. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with our team or booking your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Minnetonka, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which is why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Minnetonka, MN migraine treatment. When you turn to our Minnetonka, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Minnetonka, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, analyzing the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six Americans have experienced migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four cause of emergency room visits.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, low-income households, and young and middle aged adults up to 44 years of age.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who experience migraines have been unable to function or bed-ridden due to the severity of their migraines.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion in lost labor and productivity every year
Migraine Treatment in Minnetonka, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, chiropractic migraine treatment in Minnetonka, MN may be right for you.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Changes in how you see, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
A migraine attack is broken into four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
A migraine does not always present all four stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Minnetonka, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in need of a good migraine treatment plan, it is also beneficial to learn about anything you can do to prevent the onset of migraines in the meantime. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Minnetonka, MN to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Minnetonka, MN area take a personalized approach to treating each patient.
If you live in constant fear of when the next debilitating migraine will strike, act now and get migraine treatment from a professional near Minnetonka, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may be able to alleviate the recurrence of attacks by identifying triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe heat or cold
- Changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Consumption of some foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Minnetonka, MN
Your Minnetonka, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that may be effective treat your migraines. We will work closely with you to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the Minnetonka, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Below are some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Minnetonka, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by improving blood flow in the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Minnetonka, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Minnetonka, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing when treating a patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will put together a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Minnetonka, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What worked well for one person may not be the right choice for you. Be safe and make sure to check with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care doctor before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The Minnetonka, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in providing private, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Minnetonka, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near Minnetonka, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be an excellent solution. Our Minnetonka, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen great success in alleviating the symptoms and reducing the onset of attacks for countless Minnetonka, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Minnetonka, MN offer safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.