Whiplash Treatment in Minnetonka, MN
Whiplash Treatment Minnetonka, MN. While we do not know the exact count, whiplash injuries affect at least one million people every year in the United States alone. While many of whiplash injuries can heal with minimal medical care, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the Minnetonka, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
The Minnetonka, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to offer care that treats your whiplash injury at its source rather than only masking your symptoms. Protect yourself from decades of pain, disability, and other significant medical conditions by getting Minnetonka, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. Reach us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Minnetonka, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Minnetonka, MN?
You may need Minnetonka, MN whiplash treatment if you were subject to a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue injury to the neck caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may notice a few days of soreness in the neck or could suffer from chronic pain or serious complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is vital to get medical attention to determine if a whiplash treatment plan is necessary for your recovery in Minnetonka, MN.
If you are dealing with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment option. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other motor vehicle accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are whiplash and other neck injuries. These injuries actually most often take place during lower speed crashes of 25 miles per hour or less. Whiplash injuries can happen in crashes at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports where the body can abruptly stop or start moving by force, including most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, whiplash sports injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Minnetonka, MN due to some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can lead to tragic, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine Minnetonka, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV may also result in whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. In any event, if your head and neck were abruptly thrown back and forth, you might have a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you figure out if you need Minnetonka, MN chiropractic care for whiplash treatment.
If you have a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that is exacerbated with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
In addition to the common symptoms of whiplash listed above, you may experience additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you experience symptoms like these, look to your Minnetonka, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the proper care for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are mild to moderate and resolve naturally on their own. These patients may choose to look to home whiplash treatment methods like applying heat and OTC medications. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Minnetonka, MN if symptoms get worse after initially getting better or progress more than two weeks after your injury.
However, other cases are more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly disrupt your daily life, you should make whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor as soon as possible. You should also seek whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you have developed chronic whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are inordinately common among whiplash victims. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and a jarring 55% reporting symptoms seventeen years later. Your potential for recovering completely and preventing years of chronic pain and debilitating symptoms is decided in part by whether you get prompt, effective whiplash treatment in Minnetonka, MN as soon as possible after being injured. Contact the Minnetonka, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center to receive skilled attention for your whiplash injury right away.
Minnetonka, MN Whiplash Treatment
Your Minnetonka, MN whiplash treatment plan should be personalized to your condition and your personal needs and goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment professional in Minnetonka, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center provides individuals in Minnetonka, MN who have been injured with targeted, evidence-based treatment practices from practiced medical providers in a safe, private, clean facilitye. Schedule an appointment for Minnetonka, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors now.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include heat or ice applications, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care often successfully treats the underlying cause of the whiplash injury rather than treating or temporarily masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves patients young and old who have a wide variety of needs, priorities, and conditions in the Minnetonka, MN area. Our Minnetonka, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays up to date on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and refers to years of specialized education and experience treating patients to provide the best possible chiropractic care. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Your Minnetonka, MN chiropractor will likely perform spinal manipulations as a part of your whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion and reduce pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your Minnetonka, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises can be used to release the tight and sore joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near Minnetonka, MN may incorporate the use of ultrasound technology, which has been shown to minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by fostering better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to loosen tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable Minnetonka, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Do your future self a favor by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. Take the first step toward your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Minnetonka, MN. Book an appointment online as soon as you can.
Leading Minnetonka, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Receive expert whiplash treatment from leading Minnetonka, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Minnetonka, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the underlying source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Minnetonka, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.