Work Injury Treatment in Minnetonka, MN
Work injury treatment in Minnetonka, MN. Did you suffer an injury on the job? Are you suffering from chronic pain or other symptoms? Do you want to feel better but are hesitant about invasive procedures or prescription drugs? Total Spine is here to help.
Beyond the limitations and pain a work injury comes with, it also impacts your ability to support for your Minnetonka, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for people who are suffering a variety of issues affecting any body part, not just injuries involving the back and neck. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your health to ensure that you can both get back to work and stay there. For safe and effective work injury treatment in Minnetonka, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or request an appointment.
Common Work Injuries That Minnetonka, MN Chiropractors Treat
Typically, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Overuse injuries — These occur from performing the same motions for long periods of time, day in and day out. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from desk work, axial back pain from being in the same position throughout your work day, or a frozen shoulder from lifting or other, heavier employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more physical exertion, like construction or agriculture, can cause someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially if they're not properly trained or protected. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and common examples include disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third most common work injury. Common injuries resulting from falls are sprains and strains, broken bones, spinal injuries, back pain, and neck pain.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — The risk of being hit by a falling object is also higher in professionals like construction. Common injuries include lesions, broken bones, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Professional chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but soft tissue and brain injuries, and anything else that affects the muscles and nervous system. If a brain injury leads you to have chronic headaches, chiropractic care can also offer significant headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Minnetonka, MN include:
- Spinal issues
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial pain
What Can a Chiropractor Do For My Work Injuries in Minnetonka, MN?
Your work injury treatment from your Minnetonka, MN chiropractor will be based on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to get back to. We'll discuss the events surrounding your injury, or if you don't know how your injuries happen, work backwards to find out what's causing them. After our initial talk, we'll conduct a physical examination, and perform what X-rays or motion study analysis we think would be beneficial. Then, we'll decide on your course of treatment. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries typically consists of chiropractic adjustments, also called spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic manipulations are carried out by a variety of chiropractic techniques that include quick and targeted thrusts to certain areas. Contrary to general belief, chiropractors rarely "pop joints back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function correctly, and these thrusts let out muscle tension. In doing so, we help patients reach optimal functionality and ensure your body is working in concert, and pain is relieved through freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy can treat an injury by smoothing out soft tissue and breaking down the scar tissue caused by an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy is proven to improve your mood, increase circulation, and offer countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll come up with a treatment plan based on improving your overall health. We'll provide exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle advice to help your work injury treatment in Minnetonka, MN go as quickly as possible and promote your health down the road.
Minnetonka, MN Chiropractor: More Than Just Work Injury Treatment
Chiropractors offer countless benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve how you feel everyday. With our services in Minnetonka, MN, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better than you did before — Beyond just dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, reduce blood pressure, and can improve digestion and even increase brain function.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about symptoms and how you can achieve optimal movement health in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and feel better at work than you did before your injuries. We'll teach you about tips for lifting and other ways to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is vital for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While chiropractors are associated with the back and spine, a professional chiropractor will also be able to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a thorough grasp of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "wellness" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you stay at optimal health and can relieve any stress your line of work may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. A lot of our Minnetonka, MN work injury patients schedule regular visits once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
How Does Chiropractic Compare to Medical and Osteopathic Work Injury Treatment?
Based on a study in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers missed less time away from work under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries who first seek out a medical doctor have a 42.7% chance of having surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also decreases the use of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic can't heal every single injury. We can't make fractures suddenly come back together, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care is a preferred option because it tackles the underlying issue instead of just ameliorating symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in Minnetonka, MN
Pursuant to Minnesota Law, employers must provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury and chiropractic visits are covered under workers' compensation. That includes covering travel expenses (gas miles, Uber or Lyft, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Usually, injured employees in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To discover why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Minnetonka, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our patient testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Minnetonka, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Trust in Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Minnetonka, MN
We have three main goals: provide effective pain relief, boost your total health, and help our Minnetonka, MN friends and family understand the countless benefits of chiropractic care. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment for your work injury treatment in Minnetonka, MN.