Migraine Treatment near Montrose, MN
Migraine Treatment near Montrose, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to find effective Montrose, MN migraine treatment. Migraines can be debilitating and affect millions of people in the US every year. If you have migraines in Montrose, MN and have not had success with the many solutions you have tried, you are not alone. Seeing a chiropractor in Montrose, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Montrose, MN provides private, individualized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable clinic. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with a specialist or scheduling your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Montrose, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which explains why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right Montrose, MN migraine treatment. When you turn to our Montrose, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your Montrose, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six Americans have suffered migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading cause of seeking emergency medical care.
- Migraines disproportionately affect unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults under the age of 44.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who get migraines have been unable to function or bed-ridden due to the severity of their migraines.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity annually
Migraine Treatment in Montrose, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, you may be a good candidate for Montrose, MN chiropractic migraine treatment.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets stronger when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Feeling tired and/or confused
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Stiff or tender neck
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
The migraine episode is characterized by four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
Not every migraine sufferer experiences all four stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage at once. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Montrose, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, it is also beneficial to learn about anything you can do to prevent the onset of migraines in the meantime. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Montrose, MN to get a complete picture of your migraines and how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Montrose, MN area take a personalized approach to caring for each patient.
If you live in constant anticipation of the next migraine that will knock you off your feet, act now and get migraine treatment from a professional near Montrose, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to reduce the frequency of attacks by figuring out the triggers that bring on attacks.
- Bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- High stress levels
- Loud noises
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Consumption of some foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Montrose, MN
When you trust our Montrose, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that could be effective in addressing the source of your migraines. We take the time to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible Montrose, MN migraine treatment.
Learn about some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Montrose, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by improving blood flow in the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Montrose, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. Massage therapy also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our Montrose, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing in the treatment of every patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will put together a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Montrose, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no specific solution that works for everyone. What worked well for one person may not be the right choice for you. Be safe and make sure to check with a chiropractor or speak to your primary care doctor before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Montrose, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on offering private, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our Montrose, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Chiropractor Near Me
Get Migraine Treatment near Montrose, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be incredibly helpful. Our Montrose, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen a lot of success in alleviating the symptoms and preventing the onset of attacks for countless Montrose, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Montrose, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.