Work Injury Treatment in Montrose, MN
Work injury treatment in Montrose, MN. Have you been injured at work? Is your movement health being affected by chronic pain or other symptoms? Do you want to feel better but are hesitant about surgery or prescription drugs? Chiropractic care is your answer.
In addition to the physical pain a work injury comes with, it also limits how you can provide for your Montrose, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for workers who are dealing with a variety of issues affecting any body part, not just symptoms affecting the back and neck. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your health to ensure that you not only get back to work, but stay there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in Montrose, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In Montrose, MN Treat?
Typically, there are four types of work injuries that chiropractors treat:
- Overuse injuries — These occur from performing the same motions for long periods of time, day in and day out. Examples are carpal tunnel from using a keyboard all day, non-specific back pain from standing all day, or a frozen shoulder from lifting or other, heavier work.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require more physical exertion, like landscaping or mining that require lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying can cause acute injuries. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third most common work injury. Common injuries resulting from falls are sprains and strains, fractures, spinal injuries, back pain, and neck pain.
- Falling object injuries — The risk of being hit by a falling object is also higher in jobs like construction. Common injuries include lesions, fractures, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Licensed chiropractors can treat work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but a variety of body parts and functional issues. If a concussion causes persistent migraines, chiropractors can also offer significant headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Montrose, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Extremity injuries
- Myofascial pain
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Montrose, MN?
Your work injury treatment from your Montrose, MN chiropractor will depend on the nature of your injury, realities of your job and lifestyle, your medical history. We'll discuss what caused your injury, or if you don't know how your injuries happen, work with you to find out the root cause. After a discussion, we'll carry out a physical examination, and do what imaging tests or motion study analysis we think we need to. Then, we'll develop your treatment plan. Chiropractic care for workplace injuries generally consists of chiropractic adjustments, also called spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic manipulations are carried out by over a dozen different chiropractic techniques that involve quick and targeted thrusts to certain areas. A common mischaracterization is that chiropractors "pop joints back in place." Work injuries restrict movement of vertebrae and joints, and these thrusts release tensions interfering with how the body works. Spinal alignments help employees reach optimal functionality and help your body function as a successful whole, and pain is relieved by freeing up your nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by smoothing out tight muscles and breaking down the scar tissue caused by an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy has been demonstrated to relieve anxiety, improve circulation, in addition to countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we believe in taking a holistic view to our patients' health. We'll offer exercise, nutrition, and other advice to help your work injury treatment in Montrose, MN go as smoothly as possible and improve your long-term health.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Work Injury Treatment in Montrose, MN
Chiropractic care offers countless benefits that not only help in work injury treatment, but improve your overall life. With our Montrose, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — Beyond just dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, lower blood pressure, and give you more energy and even increase brain activity.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about symptoms and how you can achieve optimal functionality in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and feel better at work than you did before your injuries. We can help you with tips for lifting and other ways to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is vital for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for extremities — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, an experienced chiropractor will also be able to treat your extremities. Chiropractors have a deep knowledge of the musculoskeletal system, and the principles that apply to the joints, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and nerves in your back are true for the rest of your body as well.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "wellness" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps relieve any stress your job may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. Many of our Montrose, MN work injury patients schedule regular visits once they understand what chiropractic can do for their health and wellness.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
According to research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, workers were able to return to work more quickly under chiropractic care than medical or osteopathic treatment. According to the American Chiropractic Association, people with back injuries who first seek out a medical doctor have a 42.7% likelihood of surgery, compared to 1.5% for people who first see a chiropractor. Chiropractic care also reduces the use of opioids and prescription drugs.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. We can't make broken bones heal faster, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for most work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it focuses on the underlying issue instead of just masking symptoms.
How Do I Pay For My Work Injury Treatment in Montrose, MN
Because of Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers must provide medical benefits to employees after a work injury and chiropractic visits are covered under workers' compensation. They also need to pay for travel costs (gas miles, rideshares, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Usually, workers in Minnesota have wide leeway in choosing which healthcare provider they want to see. To learn why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Montrose, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our patient testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other conditions and injuries we treat in Montrose, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Trust in Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Montrose, MN
Our objectives are simple: provide lasting pain relief, improve your long-term wellness, and help our Montrose, MN friends and family understand the extraordinary benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment for your work injury treatment in Montrose, MN.