Whiplash Treatment in Montrose, MN
Whiplash Treatment Montrose, MN. While we do not know the exact count, whiplash injuries affect at least one million people every year in the United States alone. Though many of these cases are mild, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Montrose, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a Montrose, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near Montrose, MN with the clinical experience and practical knowledge to safely and effectively treat your whiplash injury at its source rather than simply temporarily covering up your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to endless years of pain, disability, and other significant problems by getting Montrose, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. Call us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Montrose, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Montrose, MN?
You may need Montrose, MN whiplash treatment if you experienced a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue injury to the neck caused by sudden hyperextension and hyperflexion (back and forth motion, like the motion of a whip) and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may notice a few days of soreness in the neck or could suffer from chronic pain or significant complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to find out if you need Montrose, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are living with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment decision. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about whiplash causes and symptoms below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other motor vehicle accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are neck injuries including whiplash. The majority of whiplash car accidents take place during crashes that happen at speeds under 25 miles per hour, with whiplash injuries resulting from collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports where the body may start or stop traveling suddenly, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and some other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, these kinds of whiplash injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, our Montrose, MN whiplash treatment doctors see some whiplash patients who have been injured because of some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can cause devastating, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine Montrose, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, can also cause whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. In any event, if your head and neck were abruptly thrown back and forth, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to determine if you need Montrose, MN chiropractic care for whiplash treatment.
After getting a whiplash injury, you may experience these symptoms:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you experience symptoms like these, work with your Montrose, MN chiropractor or another doctor to get the proper care for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are mild to moderate and resolve naturally with time. These patients may choose to look to home whiplash treatment strategies like using heat and OTC anti-inflammatory pain relievers. Call a whiplash treatment chiropractor or another doctor in the Montrose, MN area at (763) 568-7869 if symptoms take a turn for the worse after a period of improvement or progress more than two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they disrupt your daily life, you should make whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor right away. You should also seek whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you have developed chronic whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are inordinately prevalent among whiplash victims, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your chance of making a full recovery and avoiding years of chronic pain and other symptoms is decided in part by whether you get quick, tailored whiplash treatment in Montrose, MN as soon as possible after sustaining your injury. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Montrose, MN whiplash treatment providers to receive skilled attention for your whiplash condition right away.
Montrose, MN Whiplash Treatment
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Montrose, MN that is designed for your injury and personal goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment doctor in Montrose, MN whom you trust and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Montrose, MN provides modern, chiropractic care from practiced treatment providers in a safe, private, clean office settinge. Make an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading Montrose, MN chiropractor now.
Chiropractic care is one of the recommended treatments for whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include ice and heat, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and exercises or physical therapy. The difference between chiropractic and other strategies is that chiropractic care is distinct in that it addresses the route of the whiplash injury instead of merely masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves patients young and old who have a wide range of needs, goals, and physical complaints near Montrose, MN. Our Montrose, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays ahead on the latest accepted chiropractic practices and refers to extensive education and experience treating patients to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
- Sciatica Pain Treatment
- Chiropractor Near Me
What techniques with my whiplash treatment chiropractor use?
- Spinal manipulation - Your Montrose, MN chiropractor will likely perform spinal manipulations as a part of your whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to encourage healthy blood flow and range of motion while eliminating pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Montrose, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises can be used to loosen up the tight and sore joints in your neck, shoulders, and back.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your Montrose, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor may incorporate the use of ultrasounds, which has been shown to reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by encouraging healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can reduce tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable Montrose, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Care for your future self by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Montrose, MN. Make an appointment online now.
Get Montrose, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Receive quality whiplash treatment from trusted Montrose, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Montrose, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will treat the underlying source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Montrose, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.