Migraine Treatment near New Brighton, MN
Migraine Treatment near New Brighton, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you know how dire it is to access effective New Brighton, MN migraine treatment. Migraines can be debilitating and affect millions of people in the US every year. If you have migraines in New Brighton, MN and have tried multiple treatment methods with little success, you are not alone. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in New Brighton, MN may be the answer.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near New Brighton, MN offers private, personalized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable offices. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with our team or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment New Brighton, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by severe headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
Unfortunately, we still do not know everything there is to know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Understanding the mechanisms and root cause behind your migraines is critical to accessing the right New Brighton, MN migraine treatment. When you turn to our New Brighton, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your New Brighton, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six Americans have suffered migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four reason for visits to the emergency room.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults up to 44 years of age.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who experience migraines have been unable to function or bed-ridden due to the severity of their migraines.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity annually
Migraine Treatment in New Brighton, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, chiropractic migraine treatment in New Brighton, MN may be right for you.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Stiff or tender neck
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
A migraine attack is characterized by four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. The entire migraine episode can endure for anywhere between 8 to 72 hours.
A migraine does not always present all four stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage at the same time. Auras are not incredibly common, experienced by around 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in New Brighton, MN: Knowing Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in need of a good migraine treatment plan, it is also beneficial to learn about anything you can do to prevent the onset of migraines in the meantime. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near New Brighton, MN to get a complete picture of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the New Brighton, MN area take a personalized approach to caring for each patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, it is important to get migraine treatment from a professional near New Brighton, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to alleviate the frequency of attacks by identifying triggers that bring on attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Skipping meals
- Consumption of some foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near New Brighton, MN
When you trust our New Brighton, MN chiropractors with your care, we will draw from an arsenal of treatment methods that may be effective treat your migraines. We take the time to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the New Brighton, MN migraine treatments that are right for you.
Below are a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many New Brighton, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by improving blood flow in the nervous system, affecting the way nerves send signals from the body to the brain, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations carry little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In New Brighton, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our New Brighton, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing in the treatment of every patient. When you come to us for migraine treatment, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in New Brighton, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What worked well for one person may not be the right choice for you. It is important that you check with a chiropractor or speak to your primary care doctor before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The New Brighton, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on offering custom, personalized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our New Brighton, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near New Brighton, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be incredibly helpful. Our New Brighton, MN chiropractic migraine treatment doctors have seen a lot of success in managing the symptoms and preventing the onset of episodes for countless New Brighton, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near New Brighton, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.