Migraine Treatment near New Brighton, MN
Migraine Treatment near New Brighton, MN. If you have had the displeasure of experiencing a migraine, you understand the urgency of needing to access effective New Brighton, MN migraine treatment. Migraines can be debilitating and affect millions of people in the US every year. Many New Brighton, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Seeing a chiropractor in New Brighton, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you are sick of dealing with migraines, whether mildly annoying or the cause of several days of missed work, try migraine treatment at Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our New Brighton, MN chiropractic team offers private, personalized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable clinic. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with our team or booking your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment New Brighton, MN: About Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by powerful headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which is why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. What we know about migraines is that they involve hormone and neurotransmitter activity, and the resulting restriction of blood vessels in the brain can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right New Brighton, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you turn to our New Brighton, MN chiropractors for migraine treatment, your New Brighton, MN migraine treatment team will start by assessing your unique case, considering your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
- One billion people in the world have migraines.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six Americans have experienced migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four reason for emergency room visits.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and young and middle aged adults under the age of 44.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who experience migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity each year
Migraine Treatment in New Brighton, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, chiropractic migraine treatment in New Brighton, MN may be right for you.
- Intense throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets stronger when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Vision changes, including blurred vision or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Feeling cold or sweaty
- Stiff or tender neck
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
A migraine attack is broken into four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
A migraine does not necessarily have to present all distinct stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage at once. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in New Brighton, MN: Identifying Your Migraine Triggers
When you are in search of migraine treatment that works, it is also beneficial to learn what actions you can take to prevent the onset of migraines in the meantime. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near New Brighton, MN, you will get to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and learn how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the New Brighton, MN area take a personalized approach to caring for each patient.
If you live in constant fear of when the next debilitating migraine will strike, it is important to get migraine treatment from a professional near New Brighton, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may be able to reduce the recurrence of attacks by identifying factors that trigger attacks.
- Exposure to bright lights
- Extreme heat or cold
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Physical exertion
- Undernourishment or malnourishment
- Consumption of some foods, such as salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol consumption
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near New Brighton, MN
Your New Brighton, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that could help treat your migraines. We will work closely with you to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible New Brighton, MN migraine treatment.
Below are a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been successful for many New Brighton, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by impacting blood flow throughout the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and reducing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In New Brighton, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, your massage therapist will focus on releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. Massage therapy helps relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our New Brighton, MN migraine treatment chiropractors never focus on just one thing in the treatment of every patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. This could include the use of home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in New Brighton, MN.
As always, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What was effective for one person may not be the right choice for you. Be safe and make sure to check with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care physician before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The New Brighton, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center specialize in offering private, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine how our chiropractors can provide the migraine treatment you need.
Our New Brighton, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near New Brighton, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be incredibly helpful. Our New Brighton, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen great success in alleviating the symptoms and minimizing the onset of attacks for countless New Brighton, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic treatment plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near New Brighton, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or schedule an appointment now.