Whiplash Treatment in New Brighton, MN
Whiplash Treatment New Brighton, MN. While estimates vary, we know that whiplash injuries affect at least one million people every year in the US alone. Though many of these cases can heal with minimal medical care, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the New Brighton, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center is a New Brighton, MN area chiropractic office staffed by a whiplash treatment team near New Brighton, MN with the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to offer care that addresses your whiplash injury at its source rather than simply temporarily covering up your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to endless years of pain, limitations, and other significant medical conditions; get New Brighton, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our dedicated chiropractic team. talk to us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near New Brighton, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in New Brighton, MN?
You may need New Brighton, MN whiplash treatment if you were subject to a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue neck injury that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and duration. After a whiplash injury, you may notice a few days of soreness in the neck or could develop chronic pain or significant complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to find out whether a whiplash treatment plan is necessary for your recovery in New Brighton, MN.
If you are living with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, chiropractic care is an excellent treatment option. To find out if you may need to see a chiropractor for whiplash treatment, learn about the causes and symptoms of whiplash below.
Whiplash is most commonly a result of:
- Auto accidents. The majority of whiplash injuries occur in car accidents and other auto accidents, and rear-end collisions are the most common type of car accident to cause whiplash injuries. 90% of injuries in rear-end accidents are whiplash and other neck injuries. These injuries actually most often occur in crashes that happen at speeds under 25 miles per hour, with whiplash injuries resulting from collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries can occur in sports in which the body may abruptly stop or start moving by force, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, whiplash sports injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in New Brighton, MN due to some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. In infants, whiplash from shaking, known as shaken baby syndrome, can result in heartbreaking, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our New Brighton, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV may also cause whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. If your head and neck were abruptly thrown forward and backward, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you determine whether whiplash treatment like New Brighton, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
If you have a whiplash injury, you may experience symptoms like:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Tenderness or pain in the shoulders, upper back, and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by additional symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and ability to concentrate, or tinnitus. If you experience symptoms like these, look to your New Brighton, MN chiropractor or physician for help finding the best possible treatment for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are mild to moderate and dissipate naturally on their own. These patients should look to home whiplash treatment methods like using heat and over-the-counter anti-inflammatory pain relievers. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near New Brighton, MN if your symptoms get worse after initially getting better or persist beyond two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they disrupt your daily life, you should make an appointment from our New Brighton, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor as soon as possible. You should also seek whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic conditions are alarmingly common for people with whiplash injuries. According to one peer-reviewed study, 90% of patients still have symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms seventeen years later. Your chance of making a full recovery and avoiding a lifetime of pain and debilitating conditions is heavily dependent upon getting quick, tailored whiplash treatment in New Brighton, MN as soon as possible after being injured. Contact the New Brighton, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center for skilled attention for your whiplash right away.
New Brighton, MN Whiplash Treatment
Your New Brighton, MN whiplash treatment plan should be personalized to your needs, goals, and characteristics of your injury. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment doctor in New Brighton, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near New Brighton, MN provides targeted, evidence-based treatment practices from practiced treatment professionals in our private, modern, and clean office settinge. Request an appointment for whiplash treatment from a leading New Brighton, MN chiropractor immediately.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include heat or ice applications, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroid injections, and exercises or physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care often successfully addresses the underlying cause of the whiplash injury as opposed to merely temporarily masking the symptoms on the surface.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves patients of all ages with a wide variety of needs, goals, and conditions near New Brighton, MN. The Total Spine New Brighton, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays informed on the most contemporary chiropractic practices and refers to extensive education and experience treating patients to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. Our treatment team has experience successfully treating many different conditions, including:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your New Brighton, MN whiplash treatment plan. Your doctor will use their hands to gently move the joints to increase blood flow and range of motion and reduce stiffness and pain.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your New Brighton, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies will help loosen up the tight and sore neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - Your whiplash treatment chiropractor will identify tight points along the spine and other joints called subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your New Brighton, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor may employ ultrasounds, which has been shown to minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by encouraging healthy blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to loosen tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable New Brighton, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Do your future self a favor by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near New Brighton, MN. Book an appointment online right away.
Leading New Brighton, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Get expert whiplash treatment from trusted New Brighton, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near New Brighton, MN will be personally invested in your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the underlying source of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our New Brighton, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.