Work Injury Treatment in New Brighton, MN
Work injury treatment in New Brighton, MN. Did you sustain an injury at work? Is your movement health being affected by chronic pain or other symptoms? Do you need to get back to work but are worried about invasive procedures or prescription drugs? Total Spine is here to help.
In addition to the physical pain a work injury comes with, it also limits your ability to provide for your New Brighton, MN family. Chiropractic care has proven to be an effective work injury treatment for people who are suffering a variety of issues affecting any body part, not just back pain. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we focus on your long-term wellness so that you can both return to work and feel great once you get there. For safe and successful work injury treatment in New Brighton, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online.
What Does A Work Injury Treatment Chiropractor In New Brighton, MN Treat?
Generally, work injuries occur for one of four reasons:
- Overuse injuries — These occur from performing the same activities for weeks, months, or years. These can include anything from carpal tunnel from working on a computer all day, non-specific back pain from standing throughout your work day, or a pinched nerve in your back from more physically intensive employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that require strenuous physical activity, like construction or mining that require lifting, pulling, pushing, and carrying can cause acute injuries. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and common examples include disc injuries and injuries to soft tissue.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third leading cause of missing days from work. Injuries can include ligament injuries, broken bones, spinal misalignment, and nerve damage.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — Jobs that entail machinery put workers at higher risk of being struck by a falling object. Common injuries include lesions, broken bones, strains, sprains, and traumatic brain injuries.
Professional chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but a variety of body parts and functional issues. If a concussion leads you to have persistent migraines, chiropractic care can also provide significant headache relief.
Work injuries we have helped employees recover from in New Brighton, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial trigger points
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in New Brighton, MN?
How we treat your injuries in New Brighton, MN will be based on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to get back to. We'll discuss the events surrounding your injury, or if you have symptoms but are unsure why, work backwards to discover the root cause. After we get to know you, we'll carry out a physical examination, and do what imaging tests or motion study analysis we think we need to. Then, we'll decide on your course of treatment. Chiropractic treatment for workplace injuries usually includes chiropractic adjustments, also known as spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Chiropractic manipulations are carried out by a variety of chiropractic techniques that involve quick and targeted thrusts to certain areas. Contrary to popular belief, chiropractors rarely "push bones back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function properly, and these thrusts release muscle tension. Spinal manipulations help employees achieve optimal functionality and help your body function as a successful whole, and symptoms are relieved by relieving the stress an injury places on the nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by smoothing out tight muscles and facilitating the breakdown of scar tissue caused by an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy is proven to relieve anxiety, improve blood flow, and offer innumerable other benefits.
At Total Spine, we believe in taking a holistic view to our patients' health. We'll provide exercise, nutrition, and other suggestions to help your work injury treatment in New Brighton, MN go as quickly as possible and improve your health in the future.
What Our Chiropractic Care Offers For Your Work Injury Treatment in New Brighton, MN
Chiropractors offer innumerable benefits that are not only effective for work injury treatment, but improve your overall life. With our New Brighton, MN chiropractors, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — Beyond just dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, lower blood pressure, and give you more energy and even increase brain function.
- Patient education — We'll help you understand the nature of your injuries and how you can achieve optimal functionality in order to stay injury free and perform at work better than ever. We can help you with posture correction and other useful strategies to stay safe on the job. Correct posture is vital for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While chiropractors are usually thought of in relation to the back and spine, an experienced chiropractor will also know how to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a thorough grasp of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" can also be referred to as "preventive" care. Once you've recovered from your injury, we can continue treatment so that you stay at optimal health and can relieve any stress your line of work may continue to put on your musculoskeletal system. Many of our New Brighton, MN work injury patients end up coming in for maintenance after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
How Does Chiropractic Compare to Other Work Injury Treatment Options?
According to research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees were able to return to work faster when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. If you break a bone, for example, a chiropractor can't fuse it back together, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care is a preferred option because it addresses the underlying issue instead of merely ameliorating symptoms.
Paying For Work Injury Treatment in New Brighton, MN
Because of Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers must provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt on the job through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. They also need to pay for expenses related to travel (gas miles, taxis, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
Generally, workers in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To discover why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in New Brighton, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our client testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other services we offer in New Brighton, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Call Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in New Brighton, MN
Our objectives are simple: provide quick pain relief, boost your long-term wellness, and help our New Brighton, MN communities learn the remarkable benefits of chiropractic can have for our health and wellness. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or contact us online for your work injury treatment in New Brighton, MN.