Migraine Treatment near Savage, MN
Migraine Treatment near Savage, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you know how dire it is to find effective Savage, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of people in the United States including Savage, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. Many Savage, MN migraine sufferers have tried countless over-the-counter medications and other medical solutions, to no avail. Getting chiropractic care from a chiropractor in Savage, MN may be the answer.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our chiropractic team near Savage, MN offers private, personalized care in our sleek, modern, and comfortable offices. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to speak to our team or booking your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment Savage, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is not just a bad headache. The neurological condition is typically (but not always) associated with strong headaches, but also brings with it any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which explains why there is no one widely accepted, effective migraine treatment recommended by the medical community. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right Savage, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you seek migraine treatment from our Savage, MN chiropractors, your Savage, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, analyzing your symptoms and triggers.
Prevalence of Migraines
One billion people in the world have migraines.
- One out of 5 women and one out of six US citizens have experienced migraines within the last three months.
- Migraines and headaches are the number four reason for emergency room visits.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, families living in poverty, and adults under the age of 44.
- About a third of people who get migraines (31.1%) have at least three migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who get migraines have such severe migraine symptoms that they are confined to bedrest or experience temporary disability.
- Migraines cost the United States $13 billion in lost labor and productivity each year
Migraine Treatment in Savage, MN: Understanding the Symptoms
Your migraine may come with any number of a variety of symptoms associated with the condition. Below we have listed a few common symptoms. If you experience any of the symptoms listed below and believe you suffer from migraines, chiropractic migraine treatment in Savage, MN may be right for you.
- Intense throbbing or dull aching pain on one or both sides of your head
- Pain that worsens with physical activity
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Slurring speech or difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Neck soreness, stiffness, or tightness
- Tender scalp
The migraine episode is broken into four distinct stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
A migraine does not always present all distinct stages, and some experience symptoms from more than one stage concurrently. Only about 30% of migraine sufferers experience the aura stage.
Migraine Treatment in Savage, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in need of a good migraine treatment plan, it is also beneficial to learn about anything actions you can take to prevent the onset of migraines in the meantime. Work with our migraine treatment chiropractors near Savage, MN to understand the unique characteristics of your migraines and how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the Savage, MN area take an individualized approach to treating every patient.
If you live in constant anticipation of the next migraine that will knock you off your feet, it is important to find a migraine treatment professional near Savage, MN as soon as possible. In addition to getting professional care to address the condition, you may find that you can reduce the recurrence of attacks by figuring out the triggers that bring on attacks.
- Bright lights
- Severe heat or cold
- Changes in barometric pressure
- Changes in hormone levels in female patients, like estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that take place during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Skipping meals
- Consumption of some foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Changes in sleep patterns, such as too much sleep or missing sleep
- Some medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Unusual smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near Savage, MN
Your Savage, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that could help in addressing the source of your migraines. We will work closely with you to evaluate your condition and understand your goals so we can provide the best possible Savage, MN migraine treatment.
Learn about a few of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many Savage, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on adjustments to the spine. Spinal manipulations can treat migraines by impacting blood flow in the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike many other popular migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run minimal risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - hands-on muscle massaging. In Savage, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points found in the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It can also help treat migraines by alleviating any compressed nerves causing pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - looking at the big picture to provide comprehensive intervention for your migraines. Our Savage, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors when treating a patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will put together a plan that works and addresses all aspects of migraines in your life. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in Savage, MN.
As always, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What was effective for one person may not be the right choice for you. It is important that you consult with a chiropractic doctor or talk to your primary care doctor before trying a new type of migraine treatment.
The Savage, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on offering custom, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take care to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to determine what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our Savage, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
Get Migraine Treatment near Savage, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent solution. Our Savage, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen great success in managing the symptoms and minimizing the onset of attacks for countless Savage, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will lead you in finding the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Savage, MN will provide safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using evidence-based interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.