Whiplash Treatment in Savage, MN
Whiplash Treatment Savage, MN. While we do not know the exact count, whiplash injuries affect at least one million people annually in the US alone. While many of these cases can heal with minimal medical care, there is a very real risk of serious long-term consequences and disability on top of debilitating acute symptoms when you do not seek quality whiplash treatment in the Savage, MN area after suffering a whiplash injury.
The Savage, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to offer care that treats your whiplash injury at its source instead of simply temporarily covering up your symptoms. Do not resign yourself to decades of pain, disability, and other significant medical conditions by getting Savage, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. Reach us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near Savage, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in Savage, MN?
If you believe you have a whiplash injury and are experiencing symptoms, you may need Savage, MN whiplash treatment. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue neck injury that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries vary in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may experience as little as a few days of soreness in the neck or could develop long-term pain or serious complications. After sustaining a whiplash injury, it is critical to get medical attention to find out whether you need Savage, MN whiplash treatment.
If you are living with neck pain and tightness or any other whiplash symptoms, chiropractic care is an excellent treatment option. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by learning about whiplash causes and symptoms below.
The most common causes of whiplash injuries are:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other traffic accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are neck injuries including whiplash. These injuries actually most often occur in crashes that happen at speeds under 25 miles per hour. Whiplash injuries can happen in collisions at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports where the body can start or stop traveling suddenly, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while whiplash is common in football players and other athletes exposed to high-force collisions between players, whiplash sports injuries are rarely serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in Savage, MN due to some type of physical abuse. They may have sustained a whiplash injury in shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can result in tragic, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. Our Savage, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falling from a higher surface to a lower surface or falling from a ride such as a horse or ATV may also cause whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. If any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head back and forth, you might have suffered a whiplash injury. Understanding what symptoms to look out for and how whiplash is diagnosed can help you figure out if you need Savage, MN chiropractic care for whiplash treatment.
If you have a whiplash injury, some common symptoms you might experience are:
- Neck soreness
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you begin to notice such symptoms, work with your Savage, MN chiropractor or another doctor to get the best possible care for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are manageable and dissipate naturally on their own. These patients should look to home whiplash treatment strategies like heat/cold applications and over-the-counter pharmaceuticals. Call (763) 568-7869 to speak to a whiplash treatment chiropractor near Savage, MN if your symptoms get worse after initially getting better or progress beyond two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If your symptoms are severe enough that they affect your ability to enjoy life, you should request whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor immediately. It is also important to receive chiropractic or other whiplash treatment if you are living with long-term whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are alarmingly common for people with whiplash injuries, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after sustaining the injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your potential for recovering completely and preventing years of chronic pain and debilitating symptoms is decided in part by whether you get quick, effective whiplash treatment in Savage, MN right away after sustaining your injury. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's Savage, MN whiplash treatment providers for help addressing your whiplash condition right away.
Savage, MN Whiplash Treatment
You need a whiplash treatment plan in Savage, MN that is personalized to your needs, goals, and characteristics of your injury. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment chiropractor in Savage, MN whom you trust and who will take a dedicated, individualized approach to your treatment. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Savage, MN provides modern, chiropractic care performed by seasoned medical providers in our private, modern, and clean office settinge. Schedule an appointment for Savage, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors immediately.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash, among additional target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment strategies such as ice and heat, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care often successfully addresses the route of the whiplash injury instead of merely masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center treats individuals of all ages with a wide range of needs, priorities, and physical complaints in the Savage, MN area. The Total Spine Savage, MN chiropractic and massage therapy team stays ahead on the latest accepted chiropractic practices and draws from years of specialized education and experience treating patients to perform the best possible chiropractic treatment. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your Savage, MN whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to increase blood flow and range of motion and reduce pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - In addition to spinal manipulations, your Savage, MN chiropractor may use their hands and/or instruments to gently manipulate the soft tissues in the affected areas.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Specific stretching exercises will help release the tight and sore neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - You have tight points in your spine and other joint referred to as subluxations, and applying pressure on these points can be effective in releasing these tension.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - This chiropractic treatment technique uses a device that sends low-frequency electrical current to the muscles, reducing inflammation associated with whiplash.
- Ultrasound - Your Savage, MN whiplash treatment chiropractor might incorporate the use of ultrasound technology, which has been shown to minimize muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by promoting better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Therapeutic massage by your chiropractor or our certified massage therapist can reduce tension and provide pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable chiropractor on your whiplash treatment team near Savage, MN. Care for your future self by targeting your injury at the source with chiropractic whiplash treatment. your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Savage, MN. Book an appointment online as soon as you can.
Get Savage, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Receive expert whiplash treatment from trusted Savage, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a rear-end car accident, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near Savage, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the root cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, clean chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our Savage, MN chiropractic office today to start on your path to recovery from your whiplash injury.