Work Injury Treatment in Savage, MN
Work injury treatment in Savage, MN. Have you been injured at work? Is your movement health being affected by back pain, stiffness, disc injuries, or spinal misalignment? Do you want to feel better but are worried about invasive procedures or prescription drugs? Chiropractic care may be your solution.
Beyond the limitations and pain a work injury comes with, it also affects how you can support for your Savage, MN loved ones. Chiropractic care has been demonstrated to be an effective work injury treatment for people who are suffering a variety of issues throughout their musculoskeletal system, not just symptoms affecting the spine. At Total Spine Health & Injury Center, we take a holistic view of your health so that you not only get back to work, but feel great once you get there. For safe and effective work injury treatment in Savage, MN, call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment.
Common Work Injuries That Savage, MN Chiropractors Treat
Typically, work injuries occur for one of four reasons:
- Overuse injuries — These occur from carrying out the same movements for weeks, months, or years. Examples are carpal tunnel from working on a computer all day, non-specific back pain from being in the same position all day, or a pinched nerve in your back from lifting or other, heavier employment.
- Overexertion — Jobs that are more physically active, like landscaping or agriculture, can lead someone to overexert themselves and become injured, especially if they're not properly trained or protected. Overexertion injuries are the second leading nonfatal injury from work, and often result in disc injuries and injuries to muscles, tendons, and ligaments.
- Falling injuries — Falls, slips, and trips are the third most common work injury. Injuries can include ligament injuries, broken bones, spinal injuries, back pain, and neck pain.
- Injuries caused by falling objects — The risk of being hit by a falling object is also higher in professionals like construction. Common injuries include contusions, broken bones, soft tissue injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
Licensed chiropractors are capable of treating work injuries beyond just the back and spine, but soft tissue and brain injuries, and anything else that affects the muscles and nervous system. If a concussion leads you to have persistent headaches, chiropractors can also provide lasting headache relief.
Work injuries we frequently treat in Savage, MN include:
- Spinal injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Disc injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Whiplash injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Arm and leg pain
- Myofascial pain
How Do Chiropractors Treat Work Injuries in Savage, MN?
Your work injury treatment from your Savage, MN chiropractor will be based on your injury, job, medical history, and the lifestyle you wish to get back to. We'll go over the events surrounding your injury, or if you don't know what's causing your symptoms, work backwards to find out what's causing them. After we get to know you, we'll perform a physical examination, and carry out what X-rays or motion study analysis we think would be beneficial. Then, we'll determine how to best get you back to work. Chiropractic care for workplace injuries usually consists of chiropractic adjustments, also referred to as spinal alignments, and massage therapy.
Spinal manipulations are carried out by a variety of chiropractic techniques that involve short, quick thrusts to targeted areas. A common mischaracterization is that chiropractors "push joints back in place." Work injuries interrupt how vertebrae and joints function properly, and chiropractors release muscle tension. Spinal manipulations help employees achieve optimal range of motion and help your body work harmoniously with itself, and symptoms are relieved by relieving the stress an injury causes to the nervous system.
Massage therapy helps by encouraging blood flow to and relieving tight muscles and encourage the breakdown of scar tissue caused by an injury. One of the oldest forms of alternative medicine in the world, massage therapy has been demonstrated to relieve stress, increase blood flow, in addition to countless other benefits.
At Total Spine, we'll come up with a treatment plan that takes your overall health into account. We'll offer exercise, nutrition, and lifestyle advice to help your work injury treatment in Savage, MN go as smoothly as it can and promote your long-term health.
Savage, MN Chiropractic Care: More Than Just Work Injury Treatment
Chiropractors offer a wide array of benefits that not only help in work injury treatment, but improve how you feel everyday. With our services in Savage, MN, you'll enjoy:
- Feeling better every day — Beyond just dealing with acute injuries that arise, chiropractic care can improve range of motion, improve blood pressure, and give you more energy and even improve brain function.
- Patient education — We'll teach you about injuries and how you can achieve optimal movement health in order to reduce your risk of re-injury and perform at work better than ever. We'll teach you about tips for lifting and other useful strategies to avoid another work injury in the future. Correct posture is vital for injury prevention.
- Chiropractic for arms, legs, hands, and feet — While most people, possibly rightly so, immediately think of the back and spine when they think of chiropractic care, a professional chiropractor will also know how to treat your arms, legs, hands, and feet. Chiropractors have a thorough grasp of the musculoskeletal system, and the same principles of pain relief and optimal function apply equally to the back and other body parts.
- Chiropractic maintenance — "Maintenance" is also known as "wellness" care. Maintenance comes after the acute issue, and ensures that you preserve the benefits attained in your acute case, and helps protect your body from the physical stress of your job. Many of our Savage, MN work injury patients schedule regular visits after they recover once they discover the benefits of chiropractic care.
Is Chiropractic Care a Better Work Injury Treatment Plan Than Other Options?
According to research from the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics, employees were able to return to work faster when treated by a doctor of chiropractic than when treated by a medical doctor or osteopathic doctor. Chiropractic care is also a great option for avoiding the need for surgery and reducing the risk of prescription drug dependency.
Chiropractic isn't the best treatment plan for all injuries. We can't make fractures suddenly come back together, and you'll need physical therapy to rebuild and retrain atrophied muscles. But for the majority of work injuries and symptoms, chiropractic care works because it focuses on the root cause instead of just masking symptoms.
How Do I Pay For My Work Injury Treatment in Savage, MN
Because of Minnesota Statute 176.135, employers must provide medical benefits to employees who get hurt at work through workers' compensation, including chiropractic care. That includes covering travel expenses (gas miles, rideshares, public transportation, etc...), costs of obtaining medical records, and other out-of-pocket expenses.
In most cases, workers in Minnesota are allowed to choose the healthcare provider they want. To discover why you should choose our team for your work injury treatment in Savage, MN, check out our 5-Star reviews on Google, our patient testimonials, or read more on how to find the best chiropractors in Minnesota.
Other services we offer in Savage, MN include:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
- Migraine Treatment
Trust in Total Spine For Your Work Injury Treatment in Savage, MN
Our goals are simple: provide safe pain relief, improve your long-term wellness, and help our Savage, MN communities learn the countless benefits of chiropractic care. Call Total Spine today at (763) 568-7869 or tell us how we can help you online for your work injury treatment in Savage, MN.