Migraine Treatment near St. Francis, MN
Migraine Treatment near St. Francis, MN. If you have ever had a migraine, you know how dire it is to access effective St. Francis, MN migraine treatment. Migraines affect millions of Americans including St. Francis, MN every year, many of whom experience a migraine so severe that it disrupts their ability to work and function. If you have migraines in St. Francis, MN and have not had success with the many solutions you have tried, you are not alone. Seeing a chiropractor in St. Francis, MN may be the intervention you need.
If you suffer from migraines and need a migraine treatment solution that works, try Total Spine Health and Injury Center in Maple Grove, MN. Our St. Francis, MN chiropractic team provides private, individualized care in a clean and modern offices. Find out how the Total Spine migraine treatment team can help you by contacting us to consult with our team or making your first appointment now.
Migraine Treatment St. Francis, MN: Understanding Migraines
A migraine is a neurological condition that is often characterized by severe headaches. But a migraine is more than just a bad headache (in fact, some migraines occur without a headache at all) and is accompanied by any number of a variety of other symptoms.
There is still a lot we do not know about migraines, which is why there is little consensus from the medical community on the best and most effective migraine treatment. We do know, however, that hormones and neurotransmitters play a role in migraines, and the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain in response to hormone activity can contribute to migraine pain.
Finding the right St. Francis, MN migraine treatment for you could depend upon determining the cause of your migraines and the onset of attacks. When you seek migraine treatment from our St. Francis, MN chiropractors, your St. Francis, MN migraine treatment team will first work to evaluate your unique case, analyzing the symptoms you experience and the triggers that bring on attacks.
Prevalence of Migraines
- Migraines affect one billion people worldwide.
- In any given 3 month period, it is estimated that one out of 5 women and one out of six people in the United States suffer from migraines.
- Migraines and headaches are the fourth leading cause of seeking emergency medical care.
- Groups most affected by migraines are unemployed adults, low-income households, and adults up to 44 years of age.
- Of those who have had migraines, 31.1% have three or more migraines per month.
- 53.7% of individuals who get migraines have been debilitated or bed-ridden due to the severity of their migraines.
- In the US, migraines cost $13 billion due to lost labor and productivity annually
Migraine Treatment in St. Francis, MN: Recognizing the Symptoms
There are a vast number of different symptoms you might encounter when you have a migraine. Below are just a few common symptoms. If you have been diagnosed with migraines, have genetic family members with migraines, or have had any of the following symptoms, chiropractic migraine treatment in St. Francis, MN may be right for you.
- Strong throbbing or dull aching pain either on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain that gets stronger when you exert yourself
- Nausea or vomiting
- Numbness or tingling
- Blurred vision, tunnel vision, or blind spots
- Difficulty speaking
- Stuffy nose
- Cold sweats or hot flashes
- Stiff or tender neck
- Scalp that is tender to the touch
The migraine episode is characterized by four distinct phases: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. From prodrome to postdrome, it can take anywhere from 8 to 72 hours for the migraine to run its course.
A migraine does not necessarily have to present all distinct stages, and some patients have symptoms from more than one stage concurrently. Auras are not incredibly common, affecting around 30% of migraine sufferers.
Migraine Treatment in St. Francis, MN: What are my Migraine Triggers?
When you are in the market for migraine treatment that works, it is also beneficial to learn what actions you can take to prevent migraine attacks from beginning. By working with our migraine treatment chiropractor near St. Francis, MN, you will get to get a complete picture of your migraines and how to treat them. Total Spine migraine treatment doctors in the St. Francis, MN area take an individualized approach to caring for every patient.
If you know the excruciating pain and disfunction of migraine attacks, act now and find a migraine treatment professional near St. Francis, MN as soon as possible. At the same time, you may find that you can reduce the frequency of attacks by identifying triggers that bring on attacks.
- Bright lights
- Severe temperatures
- Dramatic changes in barometric pressure
- For female patients, hormonal changes such as estrogen and progesterone fluctuations that occur during menstrual periods, pregnancy, or menopause
- Loud noises
- Expending physical energy
- Skipping meals
- Certain foods, i.e. salty and processed foods
- Getting too much or too little sleep
- Use of certain medications, like birth control or nitroglycerin
- Strange smells
- Alcohol use
Chiropractic Migraine Treatment near St. Francis, MN
Your St. Francis, MN chiropractor has a multitude of treatment modalities at their disposal that could help treat your migraines. We take the time to understand your condition and goals so we can provide the best possible St. Francis, MN migraine treatment.
Below are some of the chiropractic migraine treatment methods that have been effective for many St. Francis, MN migraine patients.
- Spinal Manipulation - hands-on spinal adjustments. Spinal manipulations can address migraines by impacting blood flow in the nervous system, aleviating nerve activity, and decreasing tightness and inflammation. Unlike other possible migraine treatment options like medications, chiropractic spinal manipulations run little risk of side effects and complications.
- Massage therapy - manual massaging of the muscles. In St. Francis, MN massage therapy for migraine treatment, we pay special attention to releasing trigger points throughout the back, shoulder, neck, and head. This can relax muscles, improve blood flow, and reduce stress. It also provides relief to compressed nerves that can cause pain and contribute to migraine pain.
- Multidisciplinary approach - intervention through a comprehensive treatment plan. Our St. Francis, MN migraine treatment chiropractors always consider all interconnected factors when treating a patient. For migraine treatment patients, we will work with you to develop a plan that works and targets all factors in your life related to your migraines. We may prescribe home exercises, relaxation techniques, stress management, dietary counseling, or lifestyle changes to help treat your migraines in St. Francis, MN.
As with any treatment method or health care solution, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. What was effective for one person may not be effective for you. It is important that you check with a chiropractor or speak to your primary care doctor before trying a new migraine treatment method.
The St. Francis, MN chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center pride themselves on offering private, individualized migraine treatment and other chiropractic and massage therapy services. We take the time to understand your condition, medical history, and general level of health to figure out what chiropractic care, if any, is right for your migraine treatment needs.
Our St. Francis, MN chiropractors, massage therapists, and customer service team have the skill and experience necessary to offer a full range of spinal health and chiropractic treatment services. In addition to migraine treatment, our team specializes in areas such as:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Whiplash Treatment
Get Migraine Treatment near St. Francis, MN Today
When you need effective migraine treatment, chiropractic care can be an excellent solution. Our St. Francis, MN chiropractic migraine treatment team has seen a lot of success in alleviating the symptoms and minimizing the onset of episodes for countless St. Francis, MN patients living with migraines. Our capable team will formulate the best chiropractic care plan for your migraine treatment needs.
The chiropractors of Total Spine Health and Injury Center near St. Francis, MN perform safe, effective, tailored migraine treatment using proven interventions. Call us today at (763) 568-7869 or make an appointment now.