Whiplash Treatment in St. Francis, MN
Whiplash Treatment St. Francis, MN. While we do not know the exact count, whiplash injuries affect more than one million people annually in the United States alone. Though the majority of these cases are mild, without prompt, targeted whiplash treatment in the St. Francis, MN area, you may be at risk of developing serious chronic complications or long-term symptoms.
The St. Francis, MN whiplash treatment team at Total Spine Health and Injury Center has the clinical experience and theoretically understanding to offer care that addresses your whiplash injury at its source instead of simply masking your symptoms. Protect yourself from countless years of pain, limitations, and other significant medical conditions by getting St. Francis, MN chiropractic whiplash treatment from our compassionate chiropractic team. Reach us now at (763) 568-7869, contact us online, or book an appointment near St. Francis, MN today.
Do I need whiplash treatment in St. Francis, MN?
You may need St. Francis, MN whiplash treatment if you experienced a whiplash injury and are suffering from symptoms. Whiplash is a term referring to a soft tissue neck injury that happens when the head and neck are forced backward and forward and is also referred to as a neck sprain or strain. Whiplash injuries can range in severity and scope. After a whiplash injury, you may notice soreness for a handful of days or could suffer from chronic pain or significant complications. It is wise to get medical attention after an injury like a whiplash injury to determine if a whiplash treatment plan is necessary for your recovery in St. Francis, MN.
If you are living with the symptoms of a whiplash injury such as pain and stiffness, seeing a chiropractor can be an excellent treatment option. Find out whether you require whiplash treatment by learning about whiplash causes and symptoms below.
Common whiplash causes include:
- Auto accidents. Car accidents and other traffic accidents are the most common cause of whiplash injuries, and whiplash injuries are highly likely in certain types of auto accidents — namely rear-end collisions. 90% of rear-end accident injuries are neck injuries including whiplash. These injuries actually most often occur in lower speed crashes of 25 miles per hour or less, with whiplash injuries resulting from crashes at speeds as low as 5 to 10 miles per hour.
- Contact sports. Whiplash injuries are a risk in sports in which the body can abruptly stop or start moving by force, such as most contact sports (football, soccer, basketball, boxing, wrestling, etc.) and even other sports like diving. Fortunately, while athletes like football players and boxers are at risk of whiplash, whiplash sports injuries are seldom serious or permanent.
- Physical assault. Sadly, some individuals require whiplash treatment in St. Francis, MN due to some type of physical abuse. Whiplash could be caused by shaking, punching, or pushing in an accident, altercation, or domestic abuse incident. Shaken baby syndrome involves whiplash in infants and can result in heartbreaking, often fatal conditions such as infantile subdural haematoma. The Total Spine St. Francis, MN chiropractors have experience safely treating young children for whom chiropractic care is appropriate.
- Falls. Falls, such as falling from a height or being thrown from a horse, bicycle, or motorcycle, can also result in whiplash injuries.
These are not the only ways to get whiplash. If any kind of fall, impact, or other accident violently threw your head back and forth, you might have a whiplash injury. Learn more about whiplash symptoms and diagnosing methods to determine whether whiplash treatment like St. Francis, MN chiropractic care can benefit you.
After getting a whiplash injury, you may experience these symptoms:
- Soreness in the neck
- Neck pain that worsens with movement
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Soreness or pain in the shoulders or upper back and arms
- Arm or hand tingling or numbness
Some cases of whiplash are accompanied by nervous system symptoms such as blurred vision, memory and concentration problems, or tinnitus. If you experience symptoms like these, work with your St. Francis, MN chiropractor or another doctor to get the best possible care for your whiplash symptoms.
Some cases of whiplash are manageable and resolve naturally with time. These patients may choose to look to home whiplash treatment strategies like applying heat and OTC medications. Call a whiplash treatment chiropractor or another doctor in the St. Francis, MN area at (763) 568-7869 if symptoms get worse after initially getting better or continue more than two weeks after your injury.
Sometimes, though, whiplash is more serious. If you experience symptoms that significantly disrupt your daily life, you should make whiplash treatment appointment from our chiropractor as soon as possible. You should also receive whiplash treatment from a chiropractor or other professional if you have developed chronic whiplash symptoms. Chronic disorders are alarmingly prevalent among whiplash victims, with 90% of victims reporting symptoms one to two years after the date of injury and an unsettling 55% reporting symptoms 17 years later. Your chance of making a full recovery and avoiding a lifetime of pain and other symptoms is heavily dependent upon getting quick, effective whiplash treatment in St. Francis, MN right away after sustaining your injury. Contact the Total Spine Health and Injury Center's St. Francis, MN whiplash treatment providers to receive skilled attention for your whiplash condition right away.
St. Francis, MN Whiplash Treatment
You need a whiplash treatment plan in St. Francis, MN that is designed for your condition and your personal needs and goals. It is important that you find a whiplash treatment professional in St. Francis, MN whom you are comfortable with and who will take the time to develop a personalized treatment plan for you. Total Spine Health and Injury Center near St. Francis, MN provides modern, evidence-based treatment practices from accomplished medical providers in a safe, private, clean office settinge. Book an appointment for St. Francis, MN whiplash treatment from one of the top area chiropractors right away.
Experts recommend chiropractic as a staple strategy to treat whiplash. Other target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">whiplash treatment suggestions include ice and heat, NSAIDS or muscle relaxant drugs, steroids, and physical therapy. Compared to these other strategies, chiropractic care is distinct in that it addresses the underlying cause of the whiplash injury instead of treating or temporarily masking the surface symptoms.
Total Spine Health and Injury Center serves individuals of all ages with a wide variety of needs, goals, and conditions in the St. Francis, MN area. Our St. Francis, MN team of chiropractors and massage therapists stays ahead on the latest accepted chiropractic practices and draws from years of specialized education and experience treating patients to provide the best possible chiropractic care. In addition to whiplash treatment, we have had success providing the following types of care:
- Herniated Disc Treatment
- Work Injury Treatment
- Family Chiropractic
- Massage Therapy
- Headache Relief
- Auto Accident Chiropractors Near Me
- Chiropractic Adjustment
- Migraine Treatment
Chiropractic Care Techniques Used for Whiplash Treatment
- Spinal manipulation - Spinal manipulations will almost certainly be a part of your St. Francis, MN whiplash treatment plan. Using their hands to gently manipulate your joints, your doctor will to increase blood flow and range of motion and reduce pain and tightness.
- Soft-tissue manipulation - Along with spinal manipulations, your St. Francis, MN chiropractor may gently manipulate the affected soft tissue.
- Manual resistance/stretching - Muscle energy therapy and other joint therapies will help release tightness and soreness in the neck, back, and shoulder joints.
- Trigger point therapy - You have tight points in your spine and other joint referred to as subluxations, and the tension can be released by applying deep, targeted pressure.
- Interferential electrical stimulation - Your chiropractor may use a machine to send low-frequency electrical current to the muscles to reduce inflammation, which can help in whiplash treatment.
- Ultrasound - Your chiropractic whiplash treatment near St. Francis, MN may incorporate the use of ultrasounds, which can reduce muscle spasms, stiffness, and pain by encouraging better blood circulation.
- Massage therapy - Our chiropractors and certified massage therapist will administer therapeutic massage to the affected and surrounding areas of the body to loosen tension and offer pain relief.
You need an experienced and knowledgeable St. Francis, MN chiropractor to lead your whiplash treatment. Do your future self a favor by beginning quality chiropractic whiplash treatment now to address the source of your whiplash injury and avoid a lifetime of pain and other whiplash symptoms. Take the first step toward your recovery today with Total Spine Health and Injury Center near St. Francis, MN. Schedule an appointment online right away.
Get St. Francis, MN Chiropractic Whiplash Treatment: Total Spine Health and Injury Center
Access quality whiplash treatment from leading St. Francis, MN area chiropractors when you have been injured in a car wreck, sports incident, or another type of accident. The doctors and massage therapists at Total Spine Health and Injury Center near St. Francis, MN will take a personalized approach to your whiplash treatment chiropractic care and will use their skills to address the root cause of your symptoms. Learn more about our modern, private chiropractic office in Maple Grove and what to expect from your first visit or contact our St. Francis, MN chiropractic office today to begin your whiplash injury recovery.